Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

thomas
2020-02-16T07:47:27Z
If an SSISDB package fails, has anybody found a way to propagate/send the error message back to VisualCron, so that it shows in the error output? We have a setup where if any task fails, a email notification is automatically sent with the error output. For SSIS tasks, the error is always empty. We can always find the error in the SSIS logfiles, but that's a bit less user friendly (for the non-techs)

Thomas

Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2020-02-17T13:06:45Z
Originally Posted by: thomas 

If an SSISDB package fails, has anybody found a way to propagate/send the error message back to VisualCron, so that it shows in the error output? We have a setup where if any task fails, a email notification is automatically sent with the error output. For SSIS tasks, the error is always empty. We can always find the error in the SSIS logfiles, but that's a bit less user friendly (for the non-techs)

Thomas

Exactly what is the error output you get that doesn't show in the output? And what version of visualcron are you using?
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
thomas
2020-02-17T13:33:07Z
Hi

I am using 9.1.0. I tested by creating a package that bulk loads a file into a table, and then moves that data to another table. To test error handling, I altered a column in the target table to be too small, ie I changed from varchar(50) to varchar(5). This throws an error, and is logged in the [SSISDB].[catalog].[event_messages] view
as "String or binary would be truncated". It would be useful to also get this message in the VS error output. I'm new to SSIS, so maybe my setup is wrong somewhere
Support
2020-02-17T15:27:53Z

Hi

I am using 9.1.0. I tested by creating a package that bulk loads a file into a table, and then moves that data to another table. To test error handling, I altered a column in the target table to be too small, ie I changed from varchar(50) to varchar(5). This throws an error, and is logged in the [SSISDB].[catalog].[event_messages] view
as "String or binary would be truncated". It would be useful to also get this message in the VS error output. I'm new to SSIS, so maybe my setup is wrong somewhere

If you open the logfile log_server*currentdate* , do you see any error output there? If you have "Extended task debug logging" for the task enabled, both on SSISDB and SSIS tasks
Michael
Support

thomas
2020-02-17T15:41:38Z
When I have extended debugging on, I get this in the error output

Capture.PNG

And in the logfile I see this:

Capture.PNG (476kb) downloaded 27 time(s).

So no error messages
Support
2020-02-19T16:18:29Z

When I have extended debugging on, I get this in the error output

Capture.PNG

And in the logfile I see this:

Capture.PNG (476kb) downloaded 27 time(s).

So no error messages

Can you mail log_server*currentdate* to support@visualcron.com please? And let us know the exact time that you ran the job
Michael
Support

thomas
2020-02-20T08:09:34Z
Hi

I have sent the log now
Scroll to Top