Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

kyace2003
2016-11-04T12:54:05Z
When creating an Excel type report - add the ability to add a tab instead of creating the entire file overwriting it.
Sponsor
Forum information
al355
2016-11-04T14:26:55Z
Yes you can write to an existing worksheet but there is no way to add a worksheet as far as I am aware
kyace2003
2016-11-04T17:38:02Z
It appears that you can add/update an existing tab via the Set Cell - this works in general, however it does require that you have a template header in place - please add the ability to have columns with names similar to "Create", this would make the process easier.
kjm5f5
2018-09-05T13:24:49Z
Does the capability to create a new tab into an existing spreadsheet exist yet?
Gary_W
2018-09-11T20:01:08Z
Yes, just use the set cell task and on the Target tab select "use a specific worksheet" and type the new sheet's name. It will be created.

Just did this on 8.3.5.

So as a request I would like to suggest some clarifying text by the "use a specific worksheet" selection that would indicate a new worksheet can be created if one just types the new name.
tam_helpdesk
2018-09-14T17:34:01Z
For anything more advanced than just checking a cell, or updating a cell, I tend to prefer to use VBS/VBA. It gives you much more granular control of Excel, and you can automate it using COM to control a copy of Excel. Just be sure to test that your scripts run with zero user interaction before trying to have them run by VisualCron, otherwise VisualCron will just wait forever for a user to hit a button which will never appear!
Scroll to Top