Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

MgSam
  •  MgSam
  • No customer Topic Starter
2017-03-28T15:16:13Z
I have a common Visual Cron job that is called by other jobs. I'd like to have a variable which *some* of the jobs will pass in, but others will omit. The problem is that for the jobs where this variable is not defined, its passing in an error message, "Job Variable 'Recipients' not found." rather than an empty string or null. Is there any way to change this behavior?

Background:
We have a custom notification used by all our jobs. I'd sometimes like to pass in custom recipients, however, when you select a notification it doesn't allow you to specify variables for them. So instead, I modified the notification itself to look for a job variable called "Recipients". The problem is I don't want to define this job variable on every single one of our jobs, I only want to define it on the jobs that need custom recipients.

Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2017-03-31T13:58:46Z
You are talking about Job/Task control Task? And you connect locally (to others Jobs or Tasks)? And you cannot pass a Variable?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top