Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Support
2010-04-22T11:17:08Z
Changes in 5.5.7

[FEATURE] Client: Added a lot of internal Trigger events to the VisualCron Trigger
[BUGFIX] Client: Handled path error in attachment of Email Task when using "illegal characters" in the path
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed a crash when an assembly with no method was selected in the Assembly Execute Task
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed a problem with replacing dll's used by the Assembly Execute Task
[BUGFIX] Server: SSH Task - port property was not set properly
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed a problem with HELO/EHLO message in SMTP where remote address was sent instead of local

To test the Internal Triggers you create a VisualCron Trigger and select in the treeview along with all Internal Triggers. Let us know if you miss any Trigger.

Through Variables you can access a descriptive string of the Event by using the Variable: {TRIGGER(Active|LastTrigger|VisualCron.Result.Message)}

There is also a new property to event Triggers: "Ignore Server Off". This property is used if you want to keep the Trigger running even though the Server is Off. This could be interesting if you monitor Server On/Off status changes.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Sponsor
Forum information
ErikC
2010-04-26T09:00:12Z
Trigger on Trigger Events.

I tried the Trigger Expired event (all three) in conjunction with an other job, but I did not get the results I want:

Situation
I have a inactive job with a file trigger to an unknown path.
I have a different job with a visualcron trigger event trigger.

When I now active my inactive job, I get a popup with the faulty path and the trigger is deactivated. That's normal behavior, but my other job isn't running at this event.

How come?

Regards
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
ErikC
2010-04-26T09:34:23Z
Extra trigger:

You might want to add something about the license status.
When is it about to expire?

User logon failure.

Global Job failed.

Regards
Erik
Support
2010-04-26T15:18:24Z
Just to verify, the Job with the Trigger that was not started had a VisualCron event Trigger with Trigger deactivate checked?

And..did you wait until the reconnect had been made? It is not deactivated until reconnect has failed all times.

ErikC wrote:

Trigger on Trigger Events.

I tried the Trigger Expired event (all three) in conjunction with an other job, but I did not get the results I want:

Situation
I have a inactive job with a file trigger to an unknown path.
I have a different job with a visualcron trigger event trigger.

When I now active my inactive job, I get a popup with the faulty path and the trigger is deactivated. That's normal behavior, but my other job isn't running at this event.

How come?

Regards
Erik

Henrik
Support
ErikC
2010-04-26T15:30:27Z
Quote:

Just to verify, the Job with the Trigger that was not started had a VisualCron event Trigger with Trigger deactivate checked?

I had some troubles reading this line.... I tried all three trigger events.

I will explain it in more detail:

I have two jobs:
1. Inactive job with an active file create trigger to a non exsisting path
(it is an active trigger due to the inactive status of the job)
2. An active job with an active trigger event trigger.

Now when I activate job 1, the job want's to set the trigger to a nonexisting path and that will fail, so I receive a popup message telling me this. The trigger of job 1 is disabled. The file trigger's checkbox isn't checked anymore.
I was expecting job 2 to trigger at this event, but it didn't.

Did I answer both of your questions?

Rgeards,
Erik
Support
2010-04-26T16:33:12Z
I am still not sure.

1. Job 2. What kind of event is it watching for? Trigger expired? Job activated?

ErikC wrote:

Quote:

I had some troubles reading this line.... I tried all three trigger events.

I will explain it in more detail:

I have two jobs:
1. Inactive job with an active file create trigger to a non exsisting path
(it is an active trigger due to the inactive status of the job)
2. An active job with an active trigger event trigger.

Now when I activate job 1, the job want's to set the trigger to a nonexisting path and that will fail, so I receive a popup message telling me this. The trigger of job 1 is disabled. The file trigger's checkbox isn't checked anymore.
I was expecting job 2 to trigger at this event, but it didn't.

Did I answer both of your questions?

Rgeards,
Erik

Henrik
Support
Support
2010-04-26T16:38:15Z
I see know that we handle this differently. When a Job is activated (normally just added) we do not Trigger the "Deactivated" event. We only do this if Job is active and then Deactivated.

I am not sure if this is good or bad. Normally, you setup a Job and get notified right away if something is wrong and I am not sure if it is a good idea to include this event as well as the problem is not really that it did "Expire" rather it just could not be setup at all.
Henrik
Support
ErikC
2010-04-27T09:12:06Z
Ok, I understand.

So to make my test setup work, I have to setup the file create trigger in the 1st job to an existing path and the job should be enabled.
Than, later, when I remove the directory to which the trigger is looking at, the 2nd job will run.

I think I got the picture here. Thanks for clearing this out to me.

Regards,
Erik
Scroll to Top