Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

drandles
2011-11-03T23:30:44Z
I am still new to VisualCron and I am having a heck of a time figuring out all the variables or hidden (cause they do not seem to be documented) values available for notifications. I am trying to send a notification email to the support team on error and I have a notification created for this and On Error checked at the job level. If I run this from the task it seems to report out the error but at the job level, I get an email with a bunch of empty strings. Can one of you assist me with this task, and maybe tell me if there is a better way of handling this?

In the Email Message Text:
Job {JOB(Active|Name)}
Ran: {JOB(Active|LastRun|M/d/yyyy h:mm tt)}
Failed On Step: {TASK(Active,Name)}
Result: "{TASK(Active,Result)}"
Last run: {TASK(Active,LastRun,M/d/yyyy h:mm:ss.ff tt)}
Last exited: {TASK(Active,LastExited,M/d/yyyy h:mm:ss.ff tt)}
Execution time: {TASK(Active,ExecutionTime)} seconds

Email Received:
Job CRA_BATCH_Import_ERA (7 PM)
Ran: 10/19/2011 5:13 PM
Failed On Step: [Task does not exist or is not selected.]
Result: "[Task does not exist or is not selected.]"
Last run: [Task does not exist or is not selected.] Last exited: [Task does not exist or is not selected.] Execution time: [Task does not exist or is not selected.] seconds

I have posted several requests for a list of built in variables (such as {TASK(Active,ExecutionTime)}) but I must be asking the wrong thing - or the list does not exist - as I have not seen any response with a list of internal functions.

Thanks in advance,

Derek
Dell
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2011-11-04T08:06:46Z
Hi Dell,

I am not sure which version you are using. In older versions you cannot reach Task Variables with Active flag at Job level. In later versions you will get the last Task that was run when using Active at Job level. I guess you are running an older version. I am not exactly sure which version this was changed in.

About list. I am not sure of the need there. Let say we have thousands of Variables and combinations - then a list would be very hard to glance. Instead, I think, we have a intuitive hiearchial tree of Variables if you open the Variables browser.

If you open that you will only see available Variables for the current context - so, it depends what you are looking for.

I am attaching a screenshot for your example about Execution time. This time I have opened the Task I want to get execution time from. I can browser through Active Job->Tasks->I see my selected Task here->First the generic Variables are listed here (generic Variables are Variables that exist on all Tasks while specific are specific for that Task type)->I select execution time. I am also able to select if I want to use the Active, PrevTask or point directly to the Id. This way, all Variable options are visible in the current context.
Support attached the following image(s):

Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top