Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Support
2012-01-23T09:18:32Z
This version contains some fundamental changes in how Credentials and Execute Task work. We would really appreciate if you could test this version and report back if your Execute and File Tasks works as expected.

We have moved a added two settings to the Credential:

- Local login -> this tells VisualCron that this is a local account or AD account (those that are using AD - please confirm that this work when checked).
- Load profile -> this is new for File Tasks but lets login "deeper" by loading the whole profile

All Execute Tasks that used option "With profile" will upgrade the underlying Credential to use "Load profile".

[NOTE] Client/Server/API: A lot of changes have been applied to Execute Tasks. Credentials now hold information about "With profile" option. Credentials should have been converted with settings from Execute Tasks. Please verify that your Tasks works.
[NOTE] Server: Log database has been updated. This new installation will clear current database log history.
[FEATURE] Server: New PDF engine - support for more pdf types and password printing
[FEATURE] Client: Now saving Tasks when clicking on Previous/Next buttons
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added "impersonation" options like "local login" and "load profile" to Credentials. These settings are now removed from Execute Task. Please check/test your execute Tasks
[FEATURE] Client: Credentials added to the .NET Execute Task
[FEATURE] Installer: The installer has been updated
[FEATURE] Client: .NET Execute Task has been improved with better error reporting and built in references to the VisualCron API dlls
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added "Not contains" in VisualCron and File Condition
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added standard output check in VisualCron Condition
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Cloud Task added: Upload file(s) - for Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Google Docs and Microsoft SkyDrive
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Cloud Task added: Download file(s) - for Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Google Docs and Microsoft SkyDrive
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Cloud Task added: List item(s) - for Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Google Docs and Microsoft SkyDrive
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Cloud Task added: Delete item(s) - for Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Google Docs and Microsoft SkyDrive
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Cloud Task added: Create folder - for Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Google Docs and Microsoft SkyDrive
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Task added: Encrypt (symmetric)
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Task added: Decrypt (symmetric)
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added "Wait for completion" and remote exit code to Remote execute Task
[FEATURE] Client: Added Exit code columns to Task and Job level
[FEATURE] Client: Added filter above the main grid for easier accessibility. Added filter options Exit code, Result and Status as well which lets you filter on failed Jobs for example.
[FEATURE] Client: Improved Job history. Now with realtime update and Task history in sub node. Filter on failed/successful Jobs.
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added support for password only (symmetric) PGP encryption in PGP Encrypt/Decrypt Tasks
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added Windows update Task
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added System restore - Perform system restore Task
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added System restore - List restore points Task
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added System restore - Create restore point Task
[FEATURE] Client/Server: FTP action->List files
[BUGFIX] API: Removed a Timeout on Job/Task Control which could prevent long running remote Jobs
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed a change folder problem with mainframe FTP servers
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed an issue with right click option "Run with Conditions"
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed a problem with a modal popup dialog "New version"
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed a problem with displaying the Server settings->Log->Log to event log setting right
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed issue with executing Access macro
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed last modified and modified value in grid when updating a single Task
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue with creating folders (if they do not exist) in FTP Task
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed a cloning issue with Job->Task listing->Clone button
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed a bug preventing duplicate Triggers from the File Trigger when using "Changed"
[BUGFIX] Server: Handled previously unhandled WebDAV errors
[BUGFIX] Server: Handled an infinite loop of logging if any problem should occur to local database
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed handling of large output from Web service Task (WCF mode)
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed and issue with deleting empty sub folders when using /*/ in File delete Task
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue with Retry and on error which could cause Retry to fail (TaskProcess.Active == false)
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue with reading some files in Excel Tasks
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Sponsor
Forum information
osirisja
2012-01-23T16:52:23Z
Hi Henrik

I'm trying to find the PDF support and also the Modal Popup Dialogue that you mentioned above. I can still select the Popup Notification option which you previously said was out of date, and it still displays the 'Interactive Services Detection' session under Windows 7. Is this the bugfix you are describing?

Also, if I can push my luck 😉 , any news on the ability to List files on an FTP server?

Cheers

Andy
Support
2012-01-23T22:11:19Z
Originally Posted by: osirisja 

Hi Henrik

I'm trying to find the PDF support and also the Modal Popup Dialogue that you mentioned above. I can still select the Popup Notification option which you previously said was out of date, and it still displays the 'Interactive Services Detection' session under Windows 7. Is this the bugfix you are describing?

Also, if I can push my luck 😉 , any news on the ability to List files on an FTP server?

Cheers

Andy

Are you talking about the Print Task that has PDF support or something else?

List FTP files will probably come - soon.
Henrik
Support
osirisja
2012-01-24T08:05:40Z
Hi Henrik

Aaah - okay, so it is support for the Printing of PDF documents? I thought from the description that there was new support for generating and managing/merging PDF documents, sorry.

Cheers

Andy
ErikC
2012-01-24T09:27:10Z
Hi,

Funny thing is, just before I installed this version over the latest 6.0.6 version, I added a command execute task to a job. I ran this task through the main GUI and it gave me some results.

After the installation was finished, this task was gone. 😕

If I add an AD user in the User Permissions window and there is no Name in the edit user window, only a Username, then after adding this user it only shows '[AD]' in the Name column. You have to edit the row to see which user it is.
Would be better to make the Name column some kind of combination of the Name and the Username, so it's clear to see which user it is.

Opening a task and canceling it directly gives me a popup that the task has been changed. That's not true. So I don't think this popup shouls appear.

Regards,
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Support
2012-01-24T12:07:56Z
Originally Posted by: ErikC 

Opening a task and canceling it directly gives me a popup that the task has been changed. That's not true. So I don't think this popup shouls appear.

I think you clicked on next or previous. It would be very hard work to check if any setting has changed so we only show this when you have clicked on next/previous.

UPDATE: There is indeed a bug here. It does not check if you have clicked on update/previous. Also, there is another cancellation bug. New version coming soon.

Funny thing is, just before I installed this version over the latest 6.0.6 version, I added a command execute task to a job. I ran this task through the main GUI and it gave me some results.

After the installation was finished, this task was gone. 😕

We could not reproduce this. Not sure why. It seems strange that a single Task should disappear as all Tasks are stored in one file. If any error occurs during reading of file you would lose all Jobs 😲

If I add an AD user in the User Permissions window and there is no Name in the edit user window, only a Username, then after adding this user it only shows '[AD]' in the Name column. You have to edit the row to see which user it is.
Would be better to make the Name column some kind of combination of the Name and the Username, so it's clear to see which user it is.

After reading again I think I understand what the problem is.
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-01-24T12:40:21Z
New version uploaded. Fixes this:

[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed lan issue with creating folders (if they do not exist) in FTP Task

And "Cancel" button bug in Task Window. Erik, we added the username column in permissions window.
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-01-30T13:17:32Z
New version uploaded:

[FEATURE] Client: .NET Execute Task has been improved with better error reporting and built in references to the VisualCron API dlls

Also:
- Further fixes in Credential/Impersonation for AD users
- Additional SFTP folder creation fixes
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-02-06T14:33:50Z
New version uploaded. Changes:

[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added "Not contains" in VisualCron and File Condition
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added standard output check in VisualCron Condition
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Cloud Task added: Upload file(s) - for Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Google Docs and Microsoft SkyDrive
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Cloud Task added: Download file(s) - for Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Google Docs and Microsoft SkyDrive
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Cloud Task added: List item(s) - for Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Google Docs and Microsoft SkyDrive
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Cloud Task added: Delete item(s) - for Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Google Docs and Microsoft SkyDrive
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Cloud Task added: Create folder - for Amazon S3, Windows Azure, Google Docs and Microsoft SkyDrive
[BUGFIX] API: Removed a Timeout on Job/Task Control which could prevent long running remote Jobs
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue with creating folders (if they do not exist) in FTP Task
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed a cloning issue with Job->Task listing->Clone button

Cloud Tasks will continue to be beta for a while.
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-02-07T11:12:03Z
Uploaded a new version. The last upload had some problems installing on XP and Windows 2003.
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-02-08T18:05:15Z
New version. Fixes:

- another Task cloning issue
- a problem with Office Macro Task and Credentials
- cleaned up code for PowerShell Task
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-02-09T10:10:36Z
New version. Pre-installer updated with more debugging and a fix for starting the Tray Client on Windows 2008 x64.
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-02-10T08:41:06Z
New version uploaded with the following fixes:

[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed a bug preventing duplicate Triggers from the File Trigger when using "Changed"
[BUGFIX] Server: Handled previously unhandled WebDAV errors
[BUGFIX] Server: Handled an infinite loop of logging if any problem should occur to local database
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-02-10T16:20:23Z
New version uploaded with following changes:

[FEATURE] Client/Server: Task added: Encrypt (symmetric)
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Task added: Decrypt (symmetric)
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added "Wait for completion" and remote exit code to Remote execute Task
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed handling of large output from Web service Task (WCF mode)
Henrik
Support
ErikC
2012-02-16T07:24:54Z
The file size of the installer is 10Mb less, is this correct?

Regards,
Erik
Support
2012-02-16T07:39:51Z

The file size of the installer is 10Mb less, is this correct?

Regards,
Erik

Yes, correct. We have removed a component that is no longer used + some pre-installation files that wasn't used either.
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-02-16T15:24:55Z
New version uploaded. The following changes has been made:

[NOTE] Server: Log database has been updated. This new installation will clear current database log history.
[FEATURE] Client: Added Exit code columns to Task and Job level
[FEATURE] Client: Added filter above the main grid for easier accessibility. Added filter options Exit code, Result and Status as well which lets you filter on failed Jobs for example.
[FEATURE] Client: Improved Job history. Now with realtime update and Task history in sub node. Filter on failed/successful Jobs.
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed and issue with deleting empty sub folders when using /*/ in File delete Task
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue with Retry and on error which could cause Retry to fail (TaskProcess.Active == false)
Henrik
Support
osirisja
2012-02-18T12:11:59Z
Hi Henrik

Not sure if this is a VC issue or a Windows 7 issue. In the latest version of 6.0.7, if you open the Manage Network Drives dialogue from the 'Server' toolbar ribbon, it doesn't allow you to close the dialogue (i.e. clicking on the Red Cross). No other dialogues seem to do it, just this one that I have come across so far although I think I have seen a similar issue in dialogues with an 'OK' or 'Cancel' button in it. Basically the cursor changes into a double ended arrow.

You can close the dialogue by right clicking on the VC Icon in the top left hand corner and selecting Close from the context menu.

Cheers

Andy
osirisja
2012-02-18T12:17:18Z
Hi Henirk

SQL Explorer and Print Job report seem to do the same thing

Andy
Support
2012-02-20T08:29:59Z

Hi Henirk

SQL Explorer and Print Job report seem to do the same thing

Andy

Can't seem to reproduce this (currently testing on Windows 7 x64)? Anyone else getting this?
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-02-20T08:30:43Z
New version upload with the following changes:

[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added support for password only (symmetric) PGP encryption in PGP Encrypt/Decrypt Tasks
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added Windows update Task
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue with reading some files in Excel Tasks
Henrik
Support
osirisja
2012-02-20T08:46:20Z
Hi Henrik

Did some more checking and bah! Seems to be an issue with my screen drivers! I have a four monitor array and I have just noticed that if I use VC on one monitor I get the issue with Dilogues, but if I move it to another monitor it's fine.

So apologies, seems to have been a false alarm, and for anyone unlucky enough to be running 4 monitors and you experience an issue with some dialogues, try moving VC on to a different monitor :-)

Cheers

Andy
Support
2012-02-20T09:43:05Z

Hi Henrik

Did some more checking and bah! Seems to be an issue with my screen drivers! I have a four monitor array and I have just noticed that if I use VC on one monitor I get the issue with Dilogues, but if I move it to another monitor it's fine.

So apologies, seems to have been a false alarm, and for anyone unlucky enough to be running 4 monitors and you experience an issue with some dialogues, try moving VC on to a different monitor :-)

Cheers

Andy

Wow, that is strange - thanks for the feedback. Might come up in the future with other customers.
Henrik
Support
Rahn
2012-02-20T13:10:49Z
The Excel conversion to CSV that we've been emailing about is fixed.

The Server/Job/Task filter bar is going to be great.
The ability to filter on server, since I'm usualy connected to multiple ones, is going to be a big help.

Thanks.
ErikC
2012-02-23T07:41:02Z
Support wrote:

👍 This is very nice!

😊 If you use the task filter in combination with the job filter, jobs can be shown with empty tasks, shouldn't those jobs be hidden to make a better overview?

Regards,
Erik