Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Support
2012-07-16T09:14:37Z
This version introduces the Remote File Trigger. The Remote File Trigger can watch a remote folder through SFTP and FTP protocol.

Changes in 6.1.3

[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added Remote File Trigger for FTP/SFTP
[FEATURE] Server: Optionally added way to not override HTTP maximum connections
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added NTLM authentication for WebDAV
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed some error handling in Remote Execute Task
[BUGFIX] API: Fixed a reference problem with Settings object. Affected Server->folder settings
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue in Trigger where they were not removed correctly after RunOnce option on Job
[BUGFIX] API: Fixed issue with displaying name in Modified/Created when AD user had no firstname/lastname specified from the beginning. If so, we show username instead.
[BUGFIX] API: Fixed a permission issue when activating many Tasks
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed issue when trying to open output from Job log->Task
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed issue 'disappearing namespace issue' in XML Read Node Task
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue when Jobs listing in VisualCron Trigger could not be refreshed
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed various issues with SSIS Task including support for Trusted connections
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixes issues with performance and sorting when changing sort in Jobs->Tasks
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixes issue with parameters types in SSIS Task
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed issue with switched DB logging parameters
[BUGFIX] Server: Add error handling for unhandled exceptions in SQL Task
[BUGFIX] Server: Handled an error when no Task was selected in Job/Task control Task
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed Job Test button issue that could cause reference problems in Client (foreign key errors)
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Sponsor
Forum information
klewis10367
2012-07-17T15:59:56Z
Downloaded and new FTP feature running perfect....do you have a timeframe when you will make this live?
Support
2012-07-17T16:08:40Z
Thank you for the feedback. We expect about two weeks.
Henrik
Support
beechc
2012-07-17T21:07:37Z
Just downloaded this for the Remote File functionality, and it works great from my initial test.

Is there a way however to retrieve the name of the RemoteTrigger file? I get the following error ((No Trigger specified (perhaps Job is not created yet?) when I use the following command:
{PATH(GetFileNameWithoutExtension|{TRIGGER(Active,LastTrigger,RemoteFile.Result.Name)})}

I use a similar command (File.Result) When using a local Trigger file.
hawkings
2012-07-23T08:17:11Z
I am missing the support of danish letters when using "echo" in an execute-task.

Reproduce issue:

Create an Execute task
Set encoding to Windows-1252
Command: cmd.exe
Parameters: /c "echo Æ Ø Å æ ø å"

And run the task.

This has worked in some previous version, but I don't know exactly at which version it stopped working again.

Best regards,
René
Support
2012-07-23T09:00:04Z
Originally Posted by: beechc 

Just downloaded this for the Remote File functionality, and it works great from my initial test.

Is there a way however to retrieve the name of the RemoteTrigger file? I get the following error ((No Trigger specified (perhaps Job is not created yet?) when I use the following command:
{PATH(GetFileNameWithoutExtension|{TRIGGER(Active,LastTrigger,RemoteFile.Result.Name)})}

I use a similar command (File.Result) When using a local Trigger file.

The problem is that you are mixing parameter delimiters. In the first one you use pipe (|) then using comman (,). Try using pipes all the way like this:

{PATH(GetFileNameWithoutExtension|{TRIGGER(Active|LastTrigger|RemoteFile.Result.Name)})}
Henrik
Support
osirisja
2012-07-31T14:37:05Z
Hi Henrik

I upgraded to 6.13 at my customer today and discovered that all of my SQL scripts in my SQL tasks had dissappeared. I tried recovering the Jobs from a backup, but the SQL was still blank.

I then opened the vc 'jobs.xml' file and the SQL was defined in there correctly. Copy and pasted the SQL from the XML into the SQL Task and it worked fine.

It seems like that upgrading wiped the SQL script from the task and didn't re-load it from the jobs.xml, but by manually adding it again via copy & paste it accepted it.

cheers

Andy
Support
2012-08-06T06:01:10Z
Originally Posted by: osirisja 

Hi Henrik

I upgraded to 6.13 at my customer today and discovered that all of my SQL scripts in my SQL tasks had dissappeared. I tried recovering the Jobs from a backup, but the SQL was still blank.

I then opened the vc 'jobs.xml' file and the SQL was defined in there correctly. Copy and pasted the SQL from the XML into the SQL Task and it worked fine.

It seems like that upgrading wiped the SQL script from the task and didn't re-load it from the jobs.xml, but by manually adding it again via copy & paste it accepted it.

cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy, what we are doing here is, from now, saving SQL command encrypted so you can't see it in the Job file. For some reason, the convert from old Tasks were not saved.
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-08-06T06:39:16Z
New version uploaded.

+ Added support for "Wait for release" in Remote file Trigger. This checks if the new/created file has been changed. It does not fire until it has not stopped changing
+ Added Created Variable to the Remote file Trigger.
- Fixed issue with SQL Task not converted fully to new format
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-08-10T07:44:25Z
New version uploaded, changes:

[BUGFIX] API: Fixed a reference problem with Settings object. Affected Server->folder settings
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue in Trigger where they were not removed correctly after RunOnce option on Job
Henrik
Support
hawkings
2012-08-10T11:28:15Z
I have a few bugs, one of which I reported in an email (due to heavy screenshots):

1) Webservices are buggy when it comes to parameter lists. The data is not saved or loaded correctly in the XML. (email)
2) When testing an SQL connection from a remote client, the test is not performed on the VisualCron server. E.g. the server is running Windows 2003 (32-bit), and the client is running on my Win7 64-bit, and when I test the connection I get a 32-bit/64-bit error. If I test the SQL connection on the server, everything works fine.
Obviously the test of the SQL connection should be performed on the server.

Again - thanks for a great software. :)

René
ErikC
2012-08-14T08:50:43Z
Hi,

There is a bug in the 'job log' from the context menu on the main window.

1. Select a job with multiple tasks.
  2. right click the job and select job log
  3. Expand a log entry
  4. dubble click on a task result, you see the right task result
  5. Every other task in this job now shows the same task result as above, not their own anymore.

No mather which task log you open 1st, this result shows in every task result in the same job result.

Regards,
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
ErikC
2012-08-15T06:21:18Z
Hi,

There is a bug in adding an 'Excel - Get Cell' task using the search for task.

1. right click a job and select Add Task in the context menu
  2. type 'exc' in the search task type, Excel - Get cell will be highlighted
  3. now click on the Output tab
  4. there are two options here: ToString representation / XML representation

If you add the task and edit the task again, the output tab is different. Now you can select the delimiters etc. Those options I expect to see the 1st time also.

Regards,
Erik
ErikC attached the following image(s):

ErikC
2012-08-15T10:22:50Z
Hi,

There is a GUI bug when you fill in a namespace in a XML read node task having a variable as XML.

1. add a new XML read node task
  2. select Variable/Value as XML input
  3. add a xpath expression
  4. add a namespace
  5. close the task
  6. opening the task again and the namespace is gone

When using a file as XML input, the namespace is shown. It looks like this is a GUI bug, because the task runs fine after adding a namespace. It is just not showing it.

Regards
Erik
Support
2012-08-15T13:27:13Z
Thanks Erik,

the following bug fixes has been added:

[BUGFIX] API: Fixed issue with displaying name in Modified/Created when AD user had no firstname/lastname specified from the beginning. If so, we show username instead.
[BUGFIX] API: Fixed a permission issue when activating many Tasks
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed issue when trying to open output from Job log->Task
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed issue 'disappearing namespace issue' in XML Read Node Task
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-08-24T12:24:52Z
Download updated. These are the changes:

[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added NTLM authentication for WebDAV
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue when Jobs listing in VisualCron Trigger could not be refreshed
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed various issues with SSIS Task including support for Trusted connections
Henrik
Support
klewis10367
2012-08-24T13:27:23Z
Getting this now with latest beta release:

Connection Failed [Local Host]

Connection Failed to Local Host. Connection failed with error:

Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified.
Support
2012-08-24T19:14:55Z
Originally Posted by: klewis10367 

Getting this now with latest beta release:

Connection Failed [Local Host]

Connection Failed to Local Host. Connection failed with error:

Failed to connect to an IPC Port: The system cannot find the file specified.

Hi,

we cannot reproduce this. Could you attach the server_startup.txt file here?
Henrik
Support
Support
2012-08-27T23:12:26Z
New file uploaded, changes:

[BUGFIX] Client: Fixes issues with performance and sorting when changing sort in Jobs->Tasks
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixes issue with parameters types in SSIS Task
Henrik
Support
ErikC
2012-08-28T05:43:49Z
Hi,

This installer gave me this error:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'SecureBlackbox, Version=9.1.215.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5a62fa96d0ac431a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'SecureBlackbox, Version=9.1.215.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5a62fa96d0ac431a'
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.PMNPNKOKBFOKCDCNPKBHBBFMIOAOONJNBMNE.BKDKMFCKIPLNCDMHLGFFMJCLLCBBOBKLCFHH(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Now after every client start I get theis error, so I can't start VC anymore.

Regards
Erik
Support
2012-08-28T09:09:58Z
Originally Posted by: ErikC 

Hi,

This installer gave me this error:

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'SecureBlackbox, Version=9.1.215.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5a62fa96d0ac431a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'SecureBlackbox, Version=9.1.215.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5a62fa96d0ac431a'
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.PMNPNKOKBFOKCDCNPKBHBBFMIOAOONJNBMNE.BKDKMFCKIPLNCDMHLGFFMJCLLCBBOBKLCFHH(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Now after every client start I get theis error, so I can't start VC anymore.

Regards
Erik

Thank you for the report. We have fixed an issue in the installer - please try again now.
Henrik
Support
ErikC
2012-08-28T09:42:57Z
Hi,

Issue is fixed, client starts again ;-)

Regards
Erik
Support
2012-08-28T12:49:50Z
New version uploaded, changes:

[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed issue with switched DB logging parameters
Henrik
Support
osirisja
2012-08-28T13:16:23Z
Hi

I can confirm this latest version has resolved the issue of Task repositioning, and it does it a great deal quicker as well

Thanks, as usual, for the quick turnaround

Andy
klewis10367
2012-08-28T18:51:47Z
Fixed connection error. Thanks.
Scroll to Top