Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Support
2014-02-12T08:07:24Z
Changes so far in 7.1.3

[FEATURE] Client/Server: New Variable translation which should allow more ways of entering characters
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Office Macro Task->Added more debug logging
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Office Macro Task->Added password support for Excel documents
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Office Macro Task->Added update file after execution support
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Copy files->Added option to copy all files to destination directory without creating sub directories
[FEATURE] Client/Server: SQL Task->Added better ways to capture errors when running SQL Job and redirecting back some basic output
[FEATURE] Client/Server: List file(s) Task->Added options to control output and separator
[FEATURE] Client/Server: List folder(s)->New Task
[FEATURE] Client: Variables->Added search function
[FEATURE] Installer: Added option to re-use same user for the VisualCron service
[FEATURE] Client/Server: SSIS DB Task->Added "environment" property support
[FEATURE] Client: Variables->Added multiple delete
[BUGFIX] Server: AS/400 Command Task->Fixed an issue with execution result
[BUGFIX] Server: Assembly Execute Task->Fixed an issue with training and execution (timeout)
[BUGFIX] Client: SQL Task->Fixed a validation problem when refreshing SQL Jobs
[BUGFIX] Server: Excel Convert Task->Removed empty rows in resulting file
[BUGFIX] Client: SSIS DB Task->Fixed a problem editing parameters
[BUGFIX] Server: Delete file(s) Task->Now deleting all empty sub folders (not just those that had files that were deleted)
[BUGFIX] Server: SSIS DB Task->Fixed a problem executing with parameters
[BUGFIX] Client: Calendar->Fixed a bug where the calendar, in some scenarios, could hang on "Refreshing data""
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2014-02-13T14:45:43Z
New build, changes:

[BUGFIX] Client: SQL Task->Fixed a validation problem when refreshing SQL Jobs
[BUGFIX] Server: Excel Convert Task->Removed empty rows in resulting file
[BUGFIX] Client: SSIS DB Task->Fixed a problem editing parameters

+ fixed an issue with previous Variable translation which could result in hanging the application
Henrik
Support
Support
2014-02-13T23:13:13Z
New build, changes:

[FEATURE] Client/Server: Office Macro Task->Added more debug logging
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Office Macro Task->Added password support for Excel documents
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Office Macro Task->Added update file after execution support
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Copy files->Added option to copy all files to destination directory without creating sub directories
[FEATURE] Client/Server: SQL Task->Added better ways to capture errors when running SQL Job and redirecting back some basic output
Henrik
Support
Support
2014-02-14T13:22:25Z
New build, changes:

[FEATURE] Client/Server: List file(s) Task->Added options to control output and separator
[FEATURE] Client/Server: List folder(s)->New Task
[BUGFIX] Server: Delete file(s) Task->Now deleting all empty sub folders (not just those that had files that were deleted)
Henrik
Support
Support
2014-02-16T14:55:40Z
New build, fixing a Variable issue.
Henrik
Support
Support
2014-02-18T14:43:32Z
New build, changes:

[FEATURE] Client: Variables->Added search function
[FEATURE] Installer: Added option to re-use same user for the VisualCron service
[BUGFIX] Server: SSIS DB Task->Fixed a problem executing with parameters
Henrik
Support
osirisja
2014-02-19T12:02:28Z
Hi Henrik

Variable Search is very useful especially with the amount of vairables we are using, but one annoying thing I have found is that as soon as you do something with a 'found' variable, e.g. Edit it or Delete it, the list of variables automatically reverts to the full list again. i.e:

1. Search for Variables beginning with 'MYVAR'. MYVAR1, MYVAR2 and MYVAR3 are found and listed under the User Defined Variables

2. I Select MYVAR2 and Delete it

3. User Defined Variables refreshes and shows the full list of All variables, so to delete MYVAR3, I need to search again

Would it be possible to keep the Searched List visible, and also, in the case of Deleting variables, would it be possible to multi-select variables from the displayed search list (i.e. CTL/SHIFT and CLICK)?

Cheers

Andy
Support
2014-02-19T15:12:07Z
New build, changes:

[FEATURE] Client: Variables->Added multiple delete (please test osirja)
[BUGFIX] Client: Calendar->Fixed a bug where the calendar, in some scenarios, could hang on "Refreshing data"
Henrik
Support
osirisja
2014-02-19T15:41:59Z
Hi Henrik

Tested the update and now whenever I go into variables from the main menu toolbar I get an unhandled exception:

System.ArgumentException: Key already exists, key: {USERVAR(@DocDef)}
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.UltraTree.ValidateKeyDoesNotExist(String key)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.TreeNodesCollection.AddNodeHelper(UltraTreeNode node, Boolean notify, Boolean internallyCreatedNode)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.TreeNodesCollection.Add(Object value)
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.BDKJFCODJPAADOJBILBCBCKBBLJJOMNFIJKM.FPMMCGKCELPLEEBBFNNMFDIFKMLJIFFMIEDE(UltraTreeNode , JFFGJOMDINMLAGAPCNGNKILAPEDFLBFBGKDH , Image , Boolean ) in C:\sourcefiles\code\VisualCron\Variables\frmVariables.vb:line 92
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.BDKJFCODJPAADOJBILBCBCKBBLJJOMNFIJKM.ABPPLOGOAJDEAAMEPDEMLEKELBKHDBDGPJFK(UltraTreeNode , UserVariableClass ) in C:\sourcefiles\code\VisualCron\Variables\frmVariables.vb:line 271
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.BDKJFCODJPAADOJBILBCBCKBBLJJOMNFIJKM.DOFLBHKAKHOKJHFMGDLFLFJLJKEDJKONEIMC() in C:\sourcefiles\code\VisualCron\Variables\frmVariables.vb:line 917
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.BDKJFCODJPAADOJBILBCBCKBBLJJOMNFIJKM.EDLBBJLJMCODMMCJJMDILJEIHIMBCOIBJLOA() in C:\sourcefiles\code\VisualCron\Variables\frmVariables.vb:line 266
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.BDKJFCODJPAADOJBILBCBCKBBLJJOMNFIJKM.GOEDGFKEGNKDMGHFLCONDBHFNJDKNLINKELN(Object , EventArgs ) in C:\sourcefiles\code\VisualCron\Variables\frmVariables.vb:line 447
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
Support
2014-02-19T15:49:21Z
Originally Posted by: osirisja 

Hi Henrik

Tested the update and now whenever I go into variables from the main menu toolbar I get an unhandled exception:

System.ArgumentException: Key already exists, key: {USERVAR(@DocDef)}
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.UltraTree.ValidateKeyDoesNotExist(String key)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.TreeNodesCollection.AddNodeHelper(UltraTreeNode node, Boolean notify, Boolean internallyCreatedNode)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTree.TreeNodesCollection.Add(Object value)
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.BDKJFCODJPAADOJBILBCBCKBBLJJOMNFIJKM.FPMMCGKCELPLEEBBFNNMFDIFKMLJIFFMIEDE(UltraTreeNode , JFFGJOMDINMLAGAPCNGNKILAPEDFLBFBGKDH , Image , Boolean ) in C:\sourcefiles\code\VisualCron\Variables\frmVariables.vb:line 92
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.BDKJFCODJPAADOJBILBCBCKBBLJJOMNFIJKM.ABPPLOGOAJDEAAMEPDEMLEKELBKHDBDGPJFK(UltraTreeNode , UserVariableClass ) in C:\sourcefiles\code\VisualCron\Variables\frmVariables.vb:line 271
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.BDKJFCODJPAADOJBILBCBCKBBLJJOMNFIJKM.DOFLBHKAKHOKJHFMGDLFLFJLJKEDJKONEIMC() in C:\sourcefiles\code\VisualCron\Variables\frmVariables.vb:line 917
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.BDKJFCODJPAADOJBILBCBCKBBLJJOMNFIJKM.EDLBBJLJMCODMMCJJMDILJEIHIMBCOIBJLOA() in C:\sourcefiles\code\VisualCron\Variables\frmVariables.vb:line 266
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.BDKJFCODJPAADOJBILBCBCKBBLJJOMNFIJKM.GOEDGFKEGNKDMGHFLCONDBHFNJDKNLINKELN(Object , EventArgs ) in C:\sourcefiles\code\VisualCron\Variables\frmVariables.vb:line 447
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

Seems like you got duplicate Variables (same key). Any idea how?
Henrik
Support
osirisja
2014-02-19T15:56:34Z
No Idea Henrik. Variables dialogue worked fine in the update you sent earlier today, which showed the issue I raised with the Search variables resetting - then when I tried the exact same thing with this latest version that was the exception it gave. I never added any variables - only deleted one. The variable in question (@DocDef) is one that has been defined for some time.

Cheers

Andy
Support
2014-02-19T16:18:07Z

No Idea Henrik. Variables dialogue worked fine in the update you sent earlier today, which showed the issue I raised with the Search variables resetting - then when I tried the exact same thing with this latest version that was the exception it gave. I never added any variables - only deleted one. The variable in question (@DocDef) is one that has been defined for some time.

Cheers

Andy

Please try again by re-downloading and re-installing. Check first if you have duplicate Variables and then if you can reproduce the problem. Thanks.
Henrik
Support
osirisja
2014-02-19T16:38:26Z
Hi Henrik

I can't check if I have duplicate Variables, as every time I open the Variable Dialogue I get the exception and VC crashes.

I will try re-installing though

Cheers

Andy

EDIT: I have actually found another issue with the latest downloaded version - I can't open any tasks! If I double click on a task either from the main job, or by editing a job and selecting a task, VC Hangs. No Exception error, just a spinning cursor and VC becomes unresponsive.
Support
2014-02-19T16:51:57Z

Hi Henrik

I can't check if I have duplicate Variables, as every time I open the Variable Dialogue I get the exception and VC crashes.

Cheers

Andy

EDIT: I have actually found another issue with the latest downloaded version - I can't open any tasks! If I double click on a task either from the main job, or by editing a job and selecting a task, VC Hangs. No Exception error, just a spinning cursor and VC becomes unresponsive.

Strange. Please check if you get the same with the latest build.
Henrik
Support
osirisja
2014-02-19T17:25:05Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

Hi Henrik

Cheers

Andy

Strange. Please check if you get the same with the latest build.

Hi Henrik

Same with the latest build just downloaded.

Double click on a task within a job causes Visual Cron to display 'Not Responding' and becomes unresponsive so I have to kill the task (see screenshot).

Strange thing is, I can edit the Job select the task, but when selecting/Clicking 'Edit' for the task, nothing happens. But, if I double click the task, it hangs again (see second screenshot)

However the good news is that when I restarted it, the Variable Dialogue seems to be working fine now and allows me to multi-select variables to delete AND doesn't refresh the List to display everything.
osirisja attached the following image(s):
Support
2014-02-19T18:57:07Z
Must be something specific with that Task. What if you create a new one? Can you export that Job and send to support@visualcron.com?

Now, when I think about it it could be related to new Variable translation system. Please export your Variables as well.
Henrik
Support
osirisja
2014-02-20T08:13:05Z
Hi Henrik

Okay, just tried all of that. The same thing is happening for any and every Set Variable task I try to edit - dbl-click the task and VC Hangs. However, it only happens with the Set Variable Task. If I double click any other task (e.g. List Files, Execute, Delete File etc), it is fine.

I also just tried adding a new job - which was okay, but as soon as I tried to add a Set Variable Task, the same thing happens - VC Hangs, but adding any other task is fine.

So, seems as if it is something to do specifically with Set Variable tasks - perhaps only in my environment, but it was fine before I updated yesterday.

Would it still help for me to Export a job and send it to you?

Cheers

Andy
Support
2014-02-20T08:53:59Z
Do you know what value you have in any of your SetVariable Tasks?
Henrik
Support
osirisja
2014-02-20T09:24:48Z

Hi Henrik

There are many set variable tasks - all of them very different but mostly defined as type String.

In the attached screenshot, task 8 (variable tmpfilecnt)is defined as a String, although it has a {MATH(Add...........} function assigned to it, but I haven't had issues with this before.

Cheers

Andy

osirisja attached the following image(s):
Support
2014-02-20T09:35:59Z

Hi Henrik

There are many set variable tasks - all of them very different but mostly defined as type String.

In the attached screenshot, task 8 (variable tmpfilecnt)is defined as a String, although it has a {MATH(Add...........} function assigned to it, but I haven't had issues with this before.

Cheers

Andy

Please try to download and install again now.
Henrik
Support
osirisja
2014-02-20T10:57:54Z
Hi Henrik

Sorry - no luck - it is still hanging whenever I try and edit a Set Variable task. I have also tried reverting back through previous VC versions and now I get the same issue, so it seems as if something has got corrupted somewhere along the line!

I have also tried exporting my variables and then importing them again, but makes no difference.

Seems odd though that it only seems to be anything to do with Variables that causes the issue?

Cheers

Andy

Support
2014-02-20T11:12:41Z
Please export Jobs and Variables and send to support@visualcron.com. Also point to which Job and Task is having the problem.
Henrik
Support
RPriest
2014-03-17T18:45:13Z
We are currently using 7.1.3 and having a recent issue with folder deletions.

I have several jobs that delete files from all folders under a root folder that are older than 10 days. Here are the settings.
Folder: sets the root folder
Include all subfolders: yes
Include file mask: *
Date: {DATENOWADD(Days|-10|M/d/yyyy h:mm tt)}

We also have the 'Delete empty sub folders' on the Delete Settings tab checked. This used to delete all of the folders that are empty. It was noticed that some time after upgrading to 7.1.3, that if the 'Delete empty sub folders' option is checked, ALL folders, empty or not, are now deleted. Obviously, if the folders are NOT empty, they should not be deleted. Un-checking this, and folders get the old files removed as expected, but now there are empty folders (as expected without the additional cleanup option).

I see that there was a bugfix for this version and setting, but it seems to have introduced a bug. I have not seen a follow up bugfix, or others with similar issues, so not sure if this is only an issue for me.

Let me know if there is a resolution, or if this is reproducible. In the meantime, I am simply un-checking the folder option and dealing with the extra folders.

Thanks,
Support
2014-03-17T22:50:01Z
Originally Posted by: RPriest 

We are currently using 7.1.3 and having a recent issue with folder deletions.

I have several jobs that delete files from all folders under a root folder that are older than 10 days. Here are the settings.
Folder: sets the root folder
Include all subfolders: yes
Include file mask: *
Date: {DATENOWADD(Days|-10|M/d/yyyy h:mm tt)}

We also have the 'Delete empty sub folders' on the Delete Settings tab checked. This used to delete all of the folders that are empty. It was noticed that some time after upgrading to 7.1.3, that if the 'Delete empty sub folders' option is checked, ALL folders, empty or not, are now deleted. Obviously, if the folders are NOT empty, they should not be deleted. Un-checking this, and folders get the old files removed as expected, but now there are empty folders (as expected without the additional cleanup option).

I see that there was a bugfix for this version and setting, but it seems to have introduced a bug. I have not seen a follow up bugfix, or others with similar issues, so not sure if this is only an issue for me.

Let me know if there is a resolution, or if this is reproducible. In the meantime, I am simply un-checking the folder option and dealing with the extra folders.

Thanks,

Fixed in 7.1.4 - released today!
Henrik
Support
Scroll to Top