Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

wdinkel
2009-03-02T22:41:11Z
I'm trying to install version 4.9.40 to a network share on another computer. I type "\\192.168.82.150\VisualCron" in the target directory field of the installer, and it proceeds to copy files into that folder. But after copying files, the installer dies with the following message popup:

---
Error 1001. Exception occurred while initializing the installation:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly
'file:///C:\192.168.82.150\VisualCron\VisualCronService.exe' or one of its dependencies.
The system cannot find the file specified..
---

In a file explorer window I can see \\192.168.82.150\VisualCron\VisualCronService.exe, so I know the file exists. Once I click the OK button on the popup, the installer deletes all of the files from the network folder.

I tried mapping that same UNC path to the Z: drive and told the installer to write to Z:. It failed in the same way.

All systems are running Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 32-bit. What am I missing? Is there a certain user privilege I need to assign to that folder so that it can get to VisualCronService.exe? I'm running the installer as a domain administrator account.

Sponsor
Forum information
wdinkel
2009-03-02T22:47:29Z
Correction: installing to Z: produced an error, but with a different message:

---
Error 1001. Exception occurred while initializing the installation:
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'VisualCronService,
Version=4.9.40.21545, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417).
---
Support
2009-03-02T22:47:33Z
There are a lot of security restrictions preventing .NET applications being run from network shares. Why do you want to do that?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
wdinkel
2009-03-02T22:50:57Z
I'm trying this because the VisualCron documentation says to install to a "shared" folder for cluster support. The details in the doc are pretty scarce, so I assumed this was a network share. What's the correct procedure for installing for cluster support?
Support
2009-03-02T22:57:39Z
bbusse
2009-04-06T17:40:53Z
For any others reading this.... when dealing with a cluster and where to install applications, the term "shared" will usually mean a drive that is shared between all nodes in the cluster. I haven't read the link that Support referenced but I thought i'd write this up.

for instance: Each server has its own OS drive (Disk A and Disk B in my example). Both servers share Disk C. This Disk C would be a Disk resource within Cluster administrator and only one server/node can own it at a given time. So either Server A or Server B would have a 😨 drive depending on which node the resource (disk C) is active on.

Server A:
C: - Disk A
D: - Disk C (shared)

Server B:
C: - Disk B
D: - Disk C (shared)

Brian / ChevyNovaLN

Scroll to Top