Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

mxm0q1n
2008-03-11T14:59:49Z
Hi,

I am very pleased with VisualCron so far. When you consider the feature set provided vs. ease of use, and the licensing price, it is a very good value. Thanks!

I think the hardest part to use, the one that lacks some features, and the one that has quickly become VERY important to me is the Conditions.

Some are simple, like adding "Does Not Contain" to the Task, Output condition section. Would save me a great deal of headaches!

Some are a little more involved, like making some more complex boolean conditions possible to be evaluated, or using multiple condition sets. Maybe each condition can have an optional action, instead of the whole condition set resulting in an action? I just know there are cases where I want to express something more complex than a bunch of ANDs, and I don't have the ability to do that.

Some other things not having to do with the conditions seem a little buggy, in particular some of the scripting. Sometimes nesting certain script functions doesn\'t produce the expected result. I JUST read about being able to use the pipe character instead of commas. I'm goint to try it out.

In general the variable scripting provides ALOT of options (I REALLY LIKE the job/task variables and how accessible the are!!), but sometimes falls short. Some of the functions look identical or very similar to common .NET CLR functions. Can there be an option/function to expose some more .NET functionality directly in the scripting engine?

Just thought I would share my experience with the software so far, and hope for some revisions/additions in a future release!

Thanks again for a great product and your continuing work to improve it!

Mike
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2010-04-07T12:02:50Z
Check out this version regarding the Variable Condition:

http://www.visualcron.co....aspx?g=posts&t=1158 

Also, please give us feedback regarding an idea of future development.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!