Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

bweston
2016-06-22T18:10:47Z
Anyone have a preferred way using only triggers (not conditions) to have a job run once when/shortly after the VisualCron service itself starts?

I had mistakenly thought "Server Status set to On" triggered once when the service was starting, but that doesn't work. I want to catch cases where the service is started that are not necessarily right after a reboot. Trying to watch for the VisualCron service itself to enter the running or StopPending states doesn't seem to work (I didn't really expect it to, but I had hopes).

What I currently have set up that does appear to be working, at least for now, is a Performance Counter trigger for the Elapsed Time of the VisualCronService process to be less than 1. This also seems to trigger once any time the job is modified. I'm not sure how reliable to expect it to be or whether it is an expensive trigger to watch.

The reason for wanting this is in order to have a job that automatically sets the desired recovery settings for the VisualCron service if they are somehow changed (such as when VisualCron is upgraded).
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2016-06-28T11:46:19Z
You have the System start/shutdown Trigger. But it is dependent on computer start. We might add a VisualCron start and shutdown Trigger for a future version. I am moving this topic to Feature requests forum.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top