Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

fcs87
  •  fcs87
  • No customer Topic Starter
2016-11-30T16:47:36Z
Hi All,

I have a few questions regarding VC, which I am hoping someone can help me with:)

1. Is there a way to view the jobs as a flow, so that I can easily see the order the jobs run in and the dependencies (triggers ) they have. It's difficult in the list view, as one job may depend on several job etc.

2. The job report seems very limited: Is there a way to select which jobs or groups you actually want to appear in the report? We have several batches of jobs on one VC server and each of these batches run on different environments and the report send details for everything on the server when we only need a few groups of jobs.

3. Is there a way to duplicate multiple jobs in one go? i.e a whole batch of jobs.

Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2016-12-01T07:42:09Z
1. right click and choose "Show flow chart"
2. no, not right now, please request any changes you need in forum Feature requests
3. no, as the idea is to Clone a Job and make some changes. It would be confusing if you could clone many at once without making changes (hard to say which one). If you do want batch operations maybe you should investigate the VisualCron API.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
fcs87
  •  fcs87
2016-12-01T09:28:40Z
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

1. Isn't this just for a single job? How do I few the whole overnight batch of jobs in a flow chat at once?

3. I think there is a use case for it as I have found out. It wouldn't be confusing if they were all on copied to a separate group, and a prefix added. We currently already have a batch of job, which we want to duplicate.

Thanks again
Support
2016-12-01T10:03:55Z

1. no, only one at a time
3. I see. But still you need to go into every Job and change the details?
Henrik
Support
fcs87
  •  fcs87
2016-12-05T10:43:02Z
I guess you could export the jobs, amend the xml file with the new names import the jobs back in. That would work, right?
Thanks
Support
2016-12-06T14:09:56Z
Originally Posted by: fcs87 

I guess you could export the jobs, amend the xml file with the new names import the jobs back in. That would work, right?
Thanks

No, it is based on Id's and not name as key. So you would overwrite existing.
Henrik
Support
fcs87
  •  fcs87
2016-12-07T10:23:13Z
ah yes, I realised that after when I had a look at the xml.

Another question:
Is there an easy way to check upstream and downstream triggers?

I.e I can right click a job and see what triggers it, but can I check what is triggered by that job easily, without having to go through all of the jobs to find out.
fcs87
  •  fcs87
2016-12-07T11:34:41Z
Hi,

We have an issue with a few jobs which seem to run on loop, even though we have not defined one. So, on success of a job, it run it multiple times which is a real big issue for us.
By the way, Would this be the best place for these kinds of questions or should we email?
Support
2016-12-07T15:07:09Z

Another question:

I.e I can right click a job and see what triggers it, but can I check what is triggered by that job easily, without having to go through all of the jobs to find out.

What do you mean by upstream and downstream triggers?
Henrik
Support
Support
2016-12-07T15:07:54Z

Hi,

We have an issue with a few jobs which seem to run on loop, even though we have not defined one. So, on success of a job, it run it multiple times which is a real big issue for us.
By the way, Would this be the best place for these kinds of questions or should we email?

It depends on the kind of Trigger you have. What kind of Trigger do you use? Please post settings. I think if we can continue on this thread in the forum it would be nice.
Henrik
Support
fcs87
  •  fcs87
2016-12-07T15:52:37Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

Hi,

It depends on the kind of Trigger you have. What kind of Trigger do you use? Please post settings. I think if we can continue on this thread in the forum it would be nice.

This is resolved now. The job had multiple triggers which were not being evaluated together.
fcs87
  •  fcs87
2016-12-07T16:01:00Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

Another question:

What do you mean by upstream and downstream triggers?

Example:
Job A -> Job B > Job C

If I right click Job B, I should be able to see that:
- Job B is depends on Job A (upstream)
- Job C depends on Job B (downstream

So it would be easier to see for example, if I run job B, which other jobs will it trigger...

Scroll to Top