Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

A. Pechanek
2017-02-10T11:28:39Z
Dear VisualCron members and support team,
I would like to ask you if there is anything such as 'known_hosts' file for all the SFTP connections?

The known_hosts file lets the client authenticate the server, to check that it isn't connecting to an impersonator.

The reason for asking is that we are connecting to the SFTP server (with SSH authentication), which might be replaced by it's clone from Disaster Recovery environment in case of any issue with the PROD server.

As I have never confirmed the server's fingerprint (even when I was connecting for first time) I think the VisualCron will allow me to connect to any destination (no matter what the fingerprint is). So it is not behaving such as WinSCP (for example), where you always have to confirm new fingerprint of the server.
Can you please confirm?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards.
Sponsor
Forum information
Luke Saunders
2017-02-20T16:09:36Z
You would want to sync the known_hosts file from the production server SFTP config to the DR server so the DR server allows the incoming connection. It shouldn't have anything to do with VisualCron as long as the DR server DNS name and IP is the same.
Support
2017-02-21T09:37:22Z
Originally Posted by: Luke Saunders 

You would want to sync the known_hosts file from the production server SFTP config to the DR server so the DR server allows the incoming connection. It shouldn't have anything to do with VisualCron as long as the DR server DNS name and IP is the same.

Thanks Luke but I do not think VisualCron is dependent on any external file.

We have made some research and there is a way to provide a list to the SFTP component similar to known_hosts. We might add that in the future. I am moving this topic to Feature requests forum.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
A. Pechanek
2017-03-03T10:27:08Z
Thank you Support team,
your answer ensured me that currently there is nothing like that implemented in VC.
This information is enough for me (and it's even making everything on our side easier in this moment).

Thank you for your feedback!