Connection failed after upgrade top 9.9.8 - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

Jerry Keel
2022-05-25T14:32:36Z
Connection failed to 'dna-core-sch:16444'. Connection failed with error:

'Expected reply has not been received within time period ( at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
at VisualCronAPI.Server.WaitForReply(String strId, Boolean bolUseTimeout, Int32 timeOut, CancellationToken cancelToken) in C:\git\code\VisualCronAPI\Server\Server.vb:line 1241
at VisualCronAPI.Server.SendProtocolRequest(Int32 intTimeout) in C:\git\code\VisualCronAPI\Server\Server.vb:line 1476
at VisualCronAPI.Client._Connect(Connection conn, Server s, Boolean SynchronizeServerObjects) in C:\git\code\VisualCronAPI\Client\Client.vb:line 745
at VisualCronAPI.Client.Connect(Connection conn, Boolean SynchronizeServerObjects, Boolean bolInternal) in C:\git\code\VisualCronAPI\Client\Client.vb:line 1196
at JJNPALHCCAKNDHOGOAGPIDILKJFGOIONJDHC.OCHLGMNAHFPMFFMCCEGDNFOLGPFBABHFGOFM(Object , Connection , Boolean , Boolean , JJNPALHCCAKNDHOGOAGPIDILKJFGOIONJDHC )
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.BFKKBFHNMCPNGKDAMGHAALAAGFILDGDNGLPK.DALKILLGAPEOHGDIGPCALCDOLINFEGJDDNFJ(Object , Form& ) in C:\git\code\VisualCron\Connection\apiConnection.vb:line 140
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.BFKKBFHNMCPNGKDAMGHAALAAGFILDGDNGLPK.Connect(Object sc, Form& invokeForm) in C:\git\code\VisualCron\Connection\apiConnection.vb:line 257
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.BFKKBFHNMCPNGKDAMGHAALAAGFILDGDNGLPK.Connect(Object strServerId, Object invokeForm) in C:\git\code\VisualCron\Connection\apiConnection.vb:line 239
at ODNKNCFDHHPJPCMOFFIIHIOEPAPDAKPENFKF.EAMPGCAANJCFGONBNPIDNGPFDDBHJMILKHOH.ConnectToServer() in C:\git\code\VisualCron\Connection\clsConnector.vb:line 26
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart())'

Do you want to try reconnecting?
AceOfAllTrades
2022-05-31T13:46:08Z
I have the same issue and get the
Connection failed to 'SERVER:16444'. Connection failed with error:

'The requested upgrade is not supported by 'net.tcp://SERVER:16444/'. This could be due to mismatched bindings (for example security enabled on the client and not on the server).'

Do you want to try reconnecting?
Michael Fjellström
2022-06-01T12:54:26Z
Please send an email with details of your environment and setup and the error,


Here is the documentation for the new AD Auth function, please setup the clients accordingly:

  image.png (262kb) downloaded 41 time(s).  image.png (385kb) downloaded 36 time(s).
Sean Smith
2022-06-03T19:56:07Z
I am experiencing the same issue. I submitted a ticket and waiting for response. Any good info you have received or things to try?

My client (installed on laptop, version 9.9.8 --> VPN is zScaler/GlobalProtect...doesn't seem to matter)
Server (installed on VM, version 9.9.8 --> vmxnet3 NIC)

Wireshark is showing no blockages that I can tell...some odd TLS 1.2 messages, but most other traffic ACK without issue.

This started with the update to 9.9.8.
AceOfAllTrades
2022-06-06T18:03:24Z
I had to go in and specific the SPN settings and host information as shown in the screen shots to get the remote client to work. The server was fine with the default settings.
Sean Smith
2022-06-21T21:57:15Z
Good news...
Worked with support and we tried numerous things, but this is what ended up working for me.

- windows OS --> 2019 DC (prob a non-factor) and fully patched
- services.msc --> VisualCron running as "Local System". We tried a service account, but that introduced all sorts of odd issues.
- visualcron 9.9.8 server side --> pretty much defaults, but if you are using AD, make sure to check "Allow Active Directory Logon" under the "Users/Logon" settings
2022-06-21 15_59_01-Window.png
- visualcron 9.9.8 client side --> pretty much defaults, but when you add in a server connection with AD logon --> select "SPN identity" and under "Principal name" --> enter the FQDN of the server. In the end --> my settings looked like this on the client and seems to be working as expected.
2022-06-21 15_49_46-Window.png
Michael Fjellström
2022-06-22T12:33:42Z
Originally Posted by: Sean Smith 

Good news...
Worked with support and we tried numerous things, but this is what ended up working for me.

- windows OS --> 2019 DC (prob a non-factor) and fully patched
- services.msc --> VisualCron running as "Local System". We tried a service account, but that introduced all sorts of odd issues.
- visualcron 9.9.8 server side --> pretty much defaults, but if you are using AD, make sure to check "Allow Active Directory Logon" under the "Users/Logon" settings
2022-06-21 15_59_01-Window.png
- visualcron 9.9.8 client side --> pretty much defaults, but when you add in a server connection with AD logon --> select "SPN identity" and under "Principal name" --> enter the FQDN of the server. In the end --> my settings looked like this on the client and seems to be working as expected.
2022-06-21 15_49_46-Window.png



Thank you for confirming.
Scroll to Top