Perhaps you are using the Change event instead of Created. That will cause duplicate triggering.
The trigger is definitely using the created flag. I set up a test event and exported the settings for you to see. You should be able to easily duplicate this. I installed 4.9.9 to see if maybe it was the version I was running (4.9.3 on location) but it still does it.
Here's what I did:
1) Make a folder on your desktop called test
2) create 4 .txt files (mine were aaaa.txt, bbbb.txt, cccc.txt, dddd.txt)
3) set up the task to monitor the 'test' folder on the desktop with a created file trigger
4) write out the file name to a text file called files.txt which is placed on the desktop
5) drop all 4 text files at the same time into the directory, and it will (sometimes) execute the job 4 times by writing the file names to the files.txt file but the file names written will not all be unique. Try different variations on your results by dropping in 2 or 3 files at a time instead of all 4.
I tried adding a 5 second wait after each file write, but that didn't help any.
There's not a way to add attachments here, so if you want the VC-Settings.zip file let me know and I can shoot it over to you. Just send me an email, jason[dot]weible🇦🇹gmail[dot]com
Edited by user
| Reason: Not specified