I've run into the same problem. After getting my Oracle connection to work, I've been testing running a few queries. Simple queries work fine, such as these:
SELECT * FROM user_master WHERE login_user_id = 'CJTW'
UPDATE item_master SET size_desc = 'TEST UPDATE' WHERE sku_id = '111841717'
Note that neither has a semicolon at the end. They each work when run in a separate task, but unfortunately that won't do. What I'm trying to do now is run a full Oracle script. Unfortunately I can't post the script itself, but I can describe what it does. It uses an Oracle cursor to retrieve some configuration settings from one of the tables, and then loops through that cursor and uses those settings to construct a variety of dynamic SQL update statements. After it's finished constructing each statement, it executes them. At the end, there would have been maybe 20 or 30 update statement run, with a total of around 65K records updated.
The script runs perfectly in SQL Developer. I'd like to set up a task in VC to do this:
1) Log the start of the task to a text file.
2) Execute the script.
3) Log the total records updated to the text file from step 1.
4) Log the end of the task to the text file from step 1.
My problem right now is that it fails on step 2. The other problem is that I don't know how to retrieve the records affected. When I did my test using the simple UPDATE statement above, there was 1 record affected. I tried outputting that using a variable under:
VisualCron Variables --> Jobs --> Active Job --> Tasks --> (name of my SQL task)
In there, I've tried using "Result", "Number of rows in result", and "Output", but none of them were what I need.
Unfortunately, saving this script as a stored procedure within the DB is not an option, so I can't just use a VC task to call a procedure.