Setup Master/slave and/or load balancing - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

alexmat34
2020-09-10T10:51:28Z
Hi.

I am trying to setup visual cron in a master/slave configuration and can't really figure out how that is done.

We are also trying to understand the load balancing option and how can that be enabled.

Thanks

Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2020-09-10T11:38:48Z
Originally Posted by: alexmat34 

Hi.

I am trying to setup visual cron in a master/slave configuration and can't really figure out how that is done.

We are also trying to understand the load balancing option and how can that be enabled.

Thanks



Hi,

Master/slave works for Synching two servers (jobs, credentials and other things you might want to synch). We do not have Load Balancing currently, but it is something that we are prioritizing and working on. It is a big project - but we will have it implemented as soon as it is completed.

If you are looking for redundancy - Windows failover cluster is what we support currently, and we have documentation about that if you press F1 in the software and search for windows failover
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Kyle Stewart
2020-12-08T15:26:32Z
I just wanted to see if this is still in the works and if there is an ETA. Keep up the good work!
Support
2020-12-10T16:32:08Z
Originally Posted by: Kyle Stewart 

I just wanted to see if this is still in the works and if there is an ETA. Keep up the good work!



It is very high priority for us and very much in the works - it is a huge update to say the least. A hopeful ETA would be Q1 2021.
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Frank Herrmann
2022-01-17T08:45:47Z
Hi, what is the status on load balancing? Is there a statement about the availability of this function?
Support
2022-01-17T12:49:46Z
Originally Posted by: Frank Herrmann 

Hi, what is the status on load balancing? Is there a statement about the availability of this function?



Hi Frank,

As you can tell it has been pushed forward quite a bit unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances - it is still our #1 priority and something we are working on and getting very close to the finish line! We are super exited about releasing it soon. We are in the middle of testing everything. You can send us an email at support@visualcron.com and let us know exactly what you are interested in/what you are waiting for, for your specific usecase when it comes to load balancing.
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top