Error 10060 when trying to connect in FTP/SSH/Terminal Exlorer - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

J Kruger
2010-04-27T15:44:36Z
We have a job which is meant to check a FTP server for files and download them if they exist - the FTP connection works when we run the job in VC, ie. the files are downloaded from our FTP server as requested BUT when we try to connect to the FTP site via the VC Explorer we get "Connection failed (error code is 10060)" every time.

What could be the problem? We'd appreciate a solution as it's seriously frustrating 🙂

Thanks in advance,
Judi
Support
2010-04-27T15:46:03Z
If it works in the Task it might be a firewall that is blocking since the Client is a different application(exe) than the service.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
J Kruger
2010-04-27T16:24:32Z
Hi Henrik

We have three other connections which we're able to see in the Explorer - it's only the one that doesn't.

Three are with settings: FTP / Port 21 - these we can connect to via the VC explorer.

The one we can't see via Explorer is SFTP (SHH - Secure Shell) / Port 22.

Surely if it was a firewall problem we would not be able to see any of them?

Support
2010-04-27T16:27:48Z
I agree. Could you verify that this is not fixed in 5.5.8?

http://www.visualcron.co....aspx?g=posts&t=1185 

If not, we would really appreciate if you could send us a test account so we can verify this from here (to support@visualcron.com).
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
J Kruger
2010-04-27T16:49:23Z
It doesn't work even in 5.5.8 - so I've sent you test account details via email.

Thanks,
Judi
jasmin.dizdarevic
2013-05-02T09:31:46Z
This is still an issue, that SFTP connections in Explorer doesn't work.
In my case it doesn't work, when using a SOCKS-Proxy.

Background processing is ok.
Support
2013-05-02T09:42:48Z
Originally Posted by: jasmin.dizdarevic 

This is still an issue, that SFTP connections in Explorer doesn't work.
In my case it doesn't work, when using a SOCKS-Proxy.

Background processing is ok.




I do not know anything about your details - which version are you using, which error do you get and please confirm that the Task works.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
jasmin.dizdarevic
2013-05-02T09:47:43Z
Quote:



I do not know anything about your details - which version are you using, which error do you get and please confirm that the Task works.



No problem: 6.1.9

When trying to connect in explorer I'm getting error: 10060

When run as a task everything works fine. Local firewall is off.
Same connection works with WinSCP.

Without SOCKS configration it works also in Explorer.





Support
2013-05-02T09:52:55Z
Originally Posted by: jasmin.dizdarevic 

Quote:



I do not know anything about your details - which version are you using, which error do you get and please confirm that the Task works.



No problem: 6.1.9

When trying to connect in explorer I'm getting error: 10060

When run as a task everything works fine. Local firewall is off.
Same connection works with WinSCP.

Without SOCKS configration it works also in Explorer.







Thanks, this has now been fixed for next version. We did not apply proxy settings in Explorer for SFTP before.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Jon Tofte-Hansen
2016-08-30T07:28:35Z
Hi, this is a comment and a little wish.

I am using a VisualCron server (8.1.2) on a host whith an IP which is whitlisted on a remote SFTP site. This works and everything is good.

I am managing the server from a client (8.1.2) on another host (with a different IP obviously). Because this IP is not whitelisted on the remote SFTP site it is not possible to use the "Explorer" option in "Manage Connections" (I get error 10060). It would be more intuitive and just plain nice if the "Explorer" option used the SFTP connection through the server host to test the same scenario as the jobs experience (and the lazy ones wouldn't need to logon the server host remotely).
Support
2016-08-30T07:33:51Z
Originally Posted by: Jon Tofte-Hansen 

Hi, this is a comment and a little wish.

I am using a VisualCron server (8.1.2) on a host whith an IP which is whitlisted on a remote SFTP site. This works and everything is good.

I am managing the server from a client (8.1.2) on another host (with a different IP obviously). Because this IP is not whitelisted on the remote SFTP site it is not possible to use the "Explorer" option in "Manage Connections" (I get error 10060). It would be more intuitive and just plain nice if the "Explorer" option used the SFTP connection through the server host to test the same scenario as the jobs experience (and the lazy ones wouldn't need to logon the server host remotely).



Thanks, but unfortunately it would be very complex to create a layer on this. Also, please make any Feature requests in the Feature requests forum.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top