5.6.7 - new Excel Tasks and Concatenate files Task - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

Support
2010-09-02T10:40:54Z
Changes in 5.6.7

[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added Excel - Convert Task
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added Excel - Get row count Task
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added Concatenate files Task
[FEATURE] Server: Added runtime Variables for unique runtime Job Id and runtime Job Counter
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed a a crash when cloning SQL Notifications
[BUGFIX] Client/Server: Fixed some bugs in Excel - Get cell Task

About the Concatenate Task. You can concatenate files two ways. Either by specifying a file mask in the filter (please not that you can use semicolon to separate files here). Also, there is an optional File B text field which also accepts semicolon separated list of files.

Please note: If you previously tested the Excel - Get cell Task then you need to delete those Tasks from your Jobs before installing this. Otherwise, there is a risk that the whole Job list is deleted because of some changes.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
ErikC
2010-09-02T11:02:54Z
Thnx, I'll test it asap. Have some other issues on my head now... πŸ’€
Regards
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
viper8
2010-09-02T15:25:43Z
Thank you! I will test the new concatenate functionality very soon and report back here with the results.
levi
2010-09-03T01:47:16Z
After upgrading from 5.6.6 I cannot see any of my jobs! and when I go to import the settings it errors.

I had to revert back to 5.6.6 and import my settings again.
Support
2010-09-03T08:36:42Z
levi wrote:

After upgrading from 5.6.6 I cannot see any of my jobs! and when I go to import the settings it errors.

I had to revert back to 5.6.6 and import my settings again.



Did you have any Excel Task from before? Please send us log_serverDATE.txt
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
levi
2010-09-03T09:15:07Z
Hi Henrik,

There are no Excel tasks.

3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Info VisualCron service is being stopped
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Info VisualCron Server is shutting down
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Info Shutting down running processes
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Info Shutting down event triggers
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Info Shutting down listener.
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Debug Shutting down socket
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Debug Shutdown of socket reached final stage
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Debug Stopping loops and threads for timers
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Debug Saving Jobs
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Err TimePicker exits
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Err TimePutter exits
3/09/2010 5:12:02 PM Debug VisualCron Service shutdown reached last stage
3/09/2010 5:12:02 PM Debug Shutting down socket
3/09/2010 5:12:02 PM Debug Shutdown of socket reached final stage
3/09/2010 5:12:43 PM Debug InternalWorkerThreadClass was created
3/09/2010 5:12:43 PM Debug Output folder: C:\ProgramData\VisualCron\output\
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Info VisualCron - Server: 5.6.7 - build: 20550 - protocol: 5.6.2
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug Startup path: C:\Program Files\VisualCron
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Info Verifying license
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug Loading license file
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug License file was succesfully loaded
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug Saving license file
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug License file was saved successfully
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug Successful verification of Activation code
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Info License status: Activated
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug Loading language
3/09/2010 5:12:45 PM Debug Variables file did not exist.
3/09/2010 5:12:45 PM Info No Certificates loaded, file not found
3/09/2010 5:12:45 PM Debug Loading connections
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Info Loaded: 7 FTP connection(s)
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Loading users
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Info Loaded: 3 users(s)
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Info No Conditions loaded, file not found
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug PGP Key Rings file did not exist.
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Time exceptions file did not exist.
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Loading network credentials
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Loaded: 4 network credential(s)
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Loading Notifications
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Info Loaded: 12 notifications(s)
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Network Drives file did not exist.
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug ConnectNetworkDrives()
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug AddNonControlledNetworkDrives()
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Exiting NetworkDrivesAPI.Load
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Loading jobs
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Err Error loading jobfile: There is an error in XML document (62, 254556).
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Trying to recover file for: Jobs
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Backup file did not exist, aborting.
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Info Recovery failed for: Jobs
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Expiring old triggers
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Info Searching for jobs that should have been executed
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Info Running missed jobs between 3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM and 3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Recalculating all jobs
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Starting main threads
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Flushing memory
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug InternalWorkerThreadClass was started
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Startup finished
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Server certificate read
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug VisualCron - Server starting on port: 16444
3/09/2010 5:12:59 PM Debug Before sending ClientConnection.
3/09/2010 5:13:00 PM Info User "VisualCron Default Admin" (admin) - Logged in succesfully through IPC (f74fcbeb-29ae-4c5f-aab8-eedb278e41bf)
3/09/2010 5:13:00 PM Debug Updating login status for: f74fcbeb-29ae-4c5f-aab8-eedb278e41bf
3/09/2010 5:13:00 PM Debug Before sending ClientConnection.
3/09/2010 5:13:00 PM Comm IN: SERVERSETTINGSREQ
3/09/2010 5:13:00 PM Comm IN: LICENSEREQ
Support
2010-09-03T09:20:24Z
levi wrote:

Hi Henrik,

There are no Excel tasks.

3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Info VisualCron service is being stopped
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Info VisualCron Server is shutting down
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Info Shutting down running processes
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Info Shutting down event triggers
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Info Shutting down listener.
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Debug Shutting down socket
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Debug Shutdown of socket reached final stage
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Debug Stopping loops and threads for timers
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Debug Saving Jobs
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Err TimePicker exits
3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM Err TimePutter exits
3/09/2010 5:12:02 PM Debug VisualCron Service shutdown reached last stage
3/09/2010 5:12:02 PM Debug Shutting down socket
3/09/2010 5:12:02 PM Debug Shutdown of socket reached final stage
3/09/2010 5:12:43 PM Debug InternalWorkerThreadClass was created
3/09/2010 5:12:43 PM Debug Output folder: C:\ProgramData\VisualCron\output\
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Info VisualCron - Server: 5.6.7 - build: 20550 - protocol: 5.6.2
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug Startup path: C:\Program Files\VisualCron
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Info Verifying license
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug Loading license file
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug License file was succesfully loaded
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug Saving license file
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug License file was saved successfully
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug Successful verification of Activation code
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Info License status: Activated
3/09/2010 5:12:44 PM Debug Loading language
3/09/2010 5:12:45 PM Debug Variables file did not exist.
3/09/2010 5:12:45 PM Info No Certificates loaded, file not found
3/09/2010 5:12:45 PM Debug Loading connections
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Info Loaded: 7 FTP connection(s)
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Loading users
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Info Loaded: 3 users(s)
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Info No Conditions loaded, file not found
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug PGP Key Rings file did not exist.
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Time exceptions file did not exist.
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Loading network credentials
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Loaded: 4 network credential(s)
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Loading Notifications
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Info Loaded: 12 notifications(s)
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Network Drives file did not exist.
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug ConnectNetworkDrives()
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug AddNonControlledNetworkDrives()
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Exiting NetworkDrivesAPI.Load
3/09/2010 5:12:48 PM Debug Loading jobs
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Err Error loading jobfile: There is an error in XML document (62, 254556).
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Trying to recover file for: Jobs
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Backup file did not exist, aborting.
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Info Recovery failed for: Jobs
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Expiring old triggers
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Info Searching for jobs that should have been executed
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Info Running missed jobs between 3/09/2010 5:12:01 PM and 3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Recalculating all jobs
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Starting main threads
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Flushing memory
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug InternalWorkerThreadClass was started
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Startup finished
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug Server certificate read
3/09/2010 5:12:50 PM Debug VisualCron - Server starting on port: 16444
3/09/2010 5:12:59 PM Debug Before sending ClientConnection.
3/09/2010 5:13:00 PM Info User "VisualCron Default Admin" (admin) - Logged in succesfully through IPC (f74fcbeb-29ae-4c5f-aab8-eedb278e41bf)
3/09/2010 5:13:00 PM Debug Updating login status for: f74fcbeb-29ae-4c5f-aab8-eedb278e41bf
3/09/2010 5:13:00 PM Debug Before sending ClientConnection.
3/09/2010 5:13:00 PM Comm IN: SERVERSETTINGSREQ
3/09/2010 5:13:00 PM Comm IN: LICENSEREQ




Do you still have the old jobs.xml file - could you send it to support@visualcron.com?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
levi
2010-09-06T02:41:20Z
Hi Henrik,

Just tested the concatenate files task - very well done! this was a really needed feature :)

Any luck for converting file types in future? eg from xls/csv to fixed width txt files?
ErikC
2010-09-06T09:30:42Z
Hi, Good morning all.

a Quick response to the 1st new task I tested:
The values I put in into the Output tab in the 'Excel - Get Cell' task aren't saved.

[edit]
In the task 'Excel - Get Cell' you might want to add that the 'Cell by Position' is zero based.

...

I have something in A1 and in B3 in sheet1. If I do a Cell by position range and give in row 0, column 0 and end row 2, end column 2 I get the following message:

Exception in Task: The index must be non-negative.
Parameter name: index
Actual value was -1.

Can't get this range by position to work well, even with other values.

...


[/edit]

Regards
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Support
2010-09-06T09:43:19Z
levi wrote:

Hi Henrik,

Just tested the concatenate files task - very well done! this was a really needed feature :)

Any luck for converting file types in future? eg from xls/csv to fixed width txt files?



You can do that with the new Excel Convert Task.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2010-09-06T09:57:21Z
ErikC wrote:

Hi, Good morning all.

a Quick response to the 1st new task I tested:
The values I put in into the Output tab in the 'Excel - Get Cell' task aren't saved.

[edit]
In the task 'Excel - Get Cell' you might want to add that the 'Cell by Position' is zero based.

...

I have something in A1 and in B3 in sheet1. If I do a Cell by position range and give in row 0, column 0 and end row 2, end column 2 I get the following message:

Exception in Task: The index must be non-negative.
Parameter name: index
Actual value was -1.

Can't get this range by position to work well, even with other values.

...


[/edit]

Regards
Erik



Hi Erik,

we cannot reproduce the issue about not saving output values. Output values are always saved when we change them. (we did not get that problem in previous version either). If you create a new Job with Excel get cell task - do you get the same problem then as well?

Right now position should use non-zero values. So if you use 0 now it should fail. Does it work as expected now?


Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
ErikC
2010-09-06T09:57:57Z
Testing the 'Excel - Convert' task:

I tested the convert to text.
I had a file filter to all xlsx files.
In the convert settings I wanted to choose a worksheet, but hey, I used a wildcard in the filter so it gave me a popup to select a excel file. I dismissed that screen and it gave me an error:

Error when loading work sheets: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
For me this rings a bell, but a more friendly message is better.

If I do select a file it populates the dropdown, but it doesn't clears it first. When I do it again, a have more entries in the dropdown than the amount of worksheets in my Excel file.

The radio buttons for selecting the 1st worksheet or a specific enables / disables the specific worksheet dropdown. The Get button however is always enabled.

I used the first worksheet instead.
The column start and end are here not zero based, that's confusing with the Excel - Get Cell task.

I converted the same excel file with something in A1 and in B3, putting in st start at column 1 and end on column 3. So I have to get all data out of it.
in the csv file I see however only the text from A1.

Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Support
2010-09-06T10:00:13Z
ErikC wrote:

Testing the 'Excel - Convert' task:

I tested the convert to text.
I had a file filter to all xlsx files.
In the convert settings I wanted to choose a worksheet, but hey, I used a wildcard in the filter so it gave me a popup to select a excel file. I dismissed that screen and it gave me an error:

Error when loading work sheets: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
For me this rings a bell, but a more friendly message is better.

If I do select a file it populates the dropdown, but it doesn't clears it first. When I do it again, a have more entries in the dropdown than the amount of worksheets in my Excel file.

The radio buttons for selecting the 1st worksheet or a specific enables / disables the specific worksheet dropdown. The Get button however is always enabled.

I used the first worksheet instead.
The column start and end are here not zero based, that's confusing with the Excel - Get Cell task.

I converted the same excel file with something in A1 and in B3, putting in st start at column 1 and end on column 3. So I have to get all data out of it.
in the csv file I see however only the text from A1.



Thanks, we need to do some more error handling and check of input values. We will double test these features now.

Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
ErikC
2010-09-06T10:02:15Z
Support wrote:

ErikC wrote:

Hi, Good morning all.

a Quick response to the 1st new task I tested:
The values I put in into the Output tab in the 'Excel - Get Cell' task aren't saved.

[edit]
In the task 'Excel - Get Cell' you might want to add that the 'Cell by Position' is zero based.

...

I have something in A1 and in B3 in sheet1. If I do a Cell by position range and give in row 0, column 0 and end row 2, end column 2 I get the following message:

Exception in Task: The index must be non-negative.
Parameter name: index
Actual value was -1.

Can't get this range by position to work well, even with other values.

...


[/edit]

Regards
Erik



Hi Erik,

we cannot reproduce the issue about not saving output values. Output values are always saved when we change them. (we did not get that problem in previous version either). If you create a new Job with Excel get cell task - do you get the same problem then as well?

Right now position should use non-zero values. So if you use 0 now it should fail. Does it work as expected now?


I installed 5.6.7 and I deleted all excel tasks before installing it.
I just added the task and the A1 cel I can only receive the data when I fill in 0 and 0, not 1 and 1.
Also the output is not saved for this task. In the convert task (I just tested) it is saved.

regards
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
ErikC
2010-09-06T10:03:33Z
I will reboot my system... It's still Windows so this might help....πŸ’€
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
ErikC
2010-09-06T10:12:20Z
Reboot did fix the save output tab... strange huh?
However the get cell is still zero based.
..πŸ˜•

I checked a bit further and it looks like using the 'cell by position' it is zero based, but when specifying a position range the start cell is 1 based.

So this might be something to look at. that's why I got the errors when I tried a range, I had 0,0 as the starting cell. With 1,1 I get the right output.

Regards
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
ErikC
2010-09-06T10:13:36Z
🀬 I changed the output delimiter once, now I cannot change it anymore.....

Still something wrong here.
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
larsp
2010-09-06T10:42:40Z
Great I can se that Unique job id is now included in the newest beta.

Is {JOB(Active|UniqueProcessId)} and {JOB(Active|CounterProcessId)} both supposed to return a Counter or should UniqueProcessId return a UNID? At the moment they return the same counter.
ErikC
2010-09-06T10:49:48Z
If I convert an Excel 2007 to an Excel 2007 file, and select change extension to the file, the extension is not changed. And I have this error:

Err Exception in Task: Cannot open package because FileMode or FileAccess value is not valid for the stream.

The file is then locked. If I open up Excel it gives me the notification that it is opened by an other user. If I reopen the file, this message is gone.

If I say to use a filemask, it creates a different file, gives me the same error as above and I'm not able to delete the file because it it locked.

Looks like I cannot convert a Excel 2007 file to something else here. I tries alle the other conversions as well except the 97to... πŸ˜•

regards
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Support
2010-09-06T12:06:59Z
larsp wrote:

Great I can se that Unique job id is now included in the newest beta.

Is {JOB(Active|UniqueProcessId)} and {JOB(Active|CounterProcessId)} both supposed to return a Counter or should UniqueProcessId return a UNID? At the moment they return the same counter.



They shouldn't. The UniqueProcessId should return a "Guid" and CounterProcessId is an integer. Where and how are you using it?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2010-09-06T12:11:22Z
ErikC wrote:

If I convert an Excel 2007 to an Excel 2007 file, and select change extension to the file, the extension is not changed. And I have this error:

Err Exception in Task: Cannot open package because FileMode or FileAccess value is not valid for the stream.

The file is then locked. If I open up Excel it gives me the notification that it is opened by an other user. If I reopen the file, this message is gone.

If I say to use a filemask, it creates a different file, gives me the same error as above and I'm not able to delete the file because it it locked.

Looks like I cannot convert a Excel 2007 file to something else here. I tries alle the other conversions as well except the 97to... πŸ˜•

regards
Erik



Yes, the problem is that the file is locked when you try to convert to same type. Need to stop and start service. Will look at this.

Still can't reproduce the Output settings problem...
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
larsp
2010-09-06T13:02:10Z
Support wrote:

larsp wrote:

Great I can se that Unique job id is now included in the newest beta.

Is {JOB(Active|UniqueProcessId)} and {JOB(Active|CounterProcessId)} both supposed to return a Counter or should UniqueProcessId return a UNID? At the moment they return the same counter.



They shouldn't. The UniqueProcessId should return a "Guid" and CounterProcessId is an integer. Where and how are you using it?



If I use it to set a variable it is corretly set to a GUID, but if I use it in a SQL notification I just get an integer counter:

insert into [Driftlog].[dbo].[log] values ('{JOB(Active|UniqueProcessId)}','{JOB(Active|CounterProcessId)}');

Result:
jobid resultat
77 77

Design:
jobid nvarchar(36)
resultat text
larsp
2010-09-07T09:01:04Z
Importing and exporting settings

I want to migrate settings from one server to another using the VisualCron client. When I export settings I can either export to default (which I guess is the server I control) or I can export to local disk.
When importing I can only choose directories from the remote computer.
That makes it difficult to move settings from one server to another when they don’t share any drives.

update: When Importing you point out the file on the Remote server but when you press start the file is read from the local disk.
Support
2010-09-07T13:44:00Z
We just added an update of 5.6.7.

It contains:

* zero-based "fix" for Excel Get cell".
* Some error handling for convert Task.
* Variable fix for Job Unique Id

Please uninstall current and install this one.

Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
ErikC
2010-09-09T16:03:30Z
If you login with an AD user, the login name is not there in the logs.

You only see:

9/9/2010 3:53:47 PM	Debug	Saving settings
9/9/2010 3:53:47 PM	Info	User " " - Updated Server settings
9/9/2010 3:53:49 PM	Debug	Saving settings


Regards
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Scroll to Top