[Solved] Problem importing job from 6.0.9 to 6.1.0 - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

trevinom
2012-04-24T12:50:09Z
I have a job that I tested in 6.1.0. I'm trying to import it into 6.0.9 but the import process is hanging. Is there too much of difference between the two to allow for importing of jobs created in 6.1.0 to be able to import them in 6.0.9?
Support
2012-04-24T12:52:32Z
*Should* not be a problem. Please send the file to support@visualcron.com so we can see what is happening.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
trevinom
2012-04-24T12:56:54Z
I tried several of them. I'm exporting from 6.1.0 and trying to import into 6.0.9 and it's hanging.
File Attachment(s):
test_xml.zip (4kb) downloaded 31 time(s).
Support
2012-04-24T13:09:23Z
We did not have any problems importing this one. Please send turn on extended debugging in Server settings. Try to import. Then send the file log_serverDATE.txt from the machine you are trying to import to.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
trevinom
2012-04-24T13:21:58Z
I looked at the log but there was nothing logged for the import. The import hangs so I have to kill the little window. I'm assuming that keeps the event from being logged?

I've tried the imports about 5 times between 8:30 AM through 9:19 AM of 4/24.
File Attachment(s):
log_server20120424.txt (23kb) downloaded 30 time(s).
trevinom attached the following image(s):
Support
2012-04-24T13:25:42Z
Could you try to Disconnect and then alter the Connection settings and uncheck "Use compression". Then connect and try to import again.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
trevinom
2012-04-24T13:30:49Z
I am remote desktoping into the server running 6.0.9. not sure what you mean by 'alter connection settings'
trevinom
2012-04-24T13:32:57Z
hhmm....
My VisualCron client froze, then forced me to shut down and restart.
Upon restarting, it decided to start accepting the imports...interesting.
So, I guess it just had it's wires crossed and fixed itself upon restarting the client.
Support
2012-04-24T13:35:39Z
Originally Posted by: trevinom 

I am remote desktoping into the server running 6.0.9. not sure what you mean by 'alter connection settings'



Ok, so you are connecting with local connection settings? (Client to Server)
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
trevinom
2012-04-24T13:44:49Z
Yes. That is how I'm connecting.
Support
2012-04-24T14:10:43Z
Ok, hard to say what the problem was then.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
trevinom
2012-04-24T14:22:59Z
I'll just make sure to restart the client on a daily basis. I think part of the problem is that I had not restarted the client, even though I had restarted the service.
Please mark problem resolved.

Thanks!!
Support
2012-04-24T14:23:42Z
Yes, it sounds like the Connection to server was lost.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top