6.1.7 - Popup Task - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

Support
2012-11-14T09:52:27Z
Changes in this version:

[NOTE] VisualCron is now using and requires .NET 4.0
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added the Popup Task
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added the Create Excel Task
[FEATURE] Server: Added wait for completion support in SQL Task->MSSQL->Job
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added support for Direct mode with Oracle (no need for installed Oracle Client)
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added the Crystal reports Task
[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added the SQL event Trigger
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue where File Trigger could hang on waiting for file to be released (if Triggered by other Task which uses same Credential)
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed an issue when cloning Email Tasks with attachments
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed issue with Job/Task Control Task not being able to stop itself
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed a decimal and Guid validation in Web service Task
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed an issue when Validate was deselected in Web service Task
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue when Kill Task reported an error even though it succeeded (introduced in 6.1.5 and only when having Extended debugging on)
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue related to uploading large files through Sharepoint Task
[BUGFIX] Client: Sorting fixes in order change
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed Variable handling in the Registry Task


Popup documentation:

https://docs.google.com/...GjDEaBpk9xT_oAK0Uw/edit# 
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
osirisja
2012-11-14T11:20:13Z
Hi Henrik

I have an error when trying to instal 6.1.7 - see attached screenshot. Looks like there is a VC library file missing.

Cheers

Andy
osirisja attached the following image(s):
Support
2012-11-14T13:27:03Z
Thanks Andy,

not sure why you get that but we have uploading a new build (and also fixed minor things). Please try again.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
osirisja
2012-11-14T13:43:59Z
Hi Henrik

Same problem i'm afraid. it's looking for the file 'visualcron.tlb'. I have checked the folder it is pointing to and sure enough, the file isn't in there (or any other folder in the Temp\VisualCron folders.

The attached Screenshot shows the files that do exist in that folder.

Cheers

Andy

b.t.w - I did run the installation as Administrator as well....

Originally Posted by: Support 

Thanks Andy,

not sure why you get that but we have uploading a new build (and also fixed minor things). Please try again.

osirisja attached the following image(s):
Support
2012-11-14T20:57:46Z
Originally Posted by: osirisja 

Hi Henrik

Same problem i'm afraid. it's looking for the file 'visualcron.tlb'. I have checked the folder it is pointing to and sure enough, the file isn't in there (or any other folder in the Temp\VisualCron folders.

The attached Screenshot shows the files that do exist in that folder.

Cheers

Andy

b.t.w - I did run the installation as Administrator as well....

Originally Posted by: Support 

Thanks Andy,

not sure why you get that but we have uploading a new build (and also fixed minor things). Please try again.



I think we have found the culprit now. Please download again.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2012-11-15T08:18:42Z
New version uploaded, changes:

[FEATURE] Server: Added wait for completion support in SQL Task->MSSQL->Job
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed a decimal and Guid validation in Web service Task
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
osirisja
2012-11-19T09:55:36Z
Hi Henrik

So far, the new Popup task is working well :-)

Am I right in understanding that the Popup can only be invoked on Clients connected to the one server where the task runs? Is it or will it be possible to send a popup to all servers, i.e. A Broadcast popup?

Cheers

Andy
Support
2012-11-19T18:22:44Z
Originally Posted by: osirisja 

Hi Henrik

So far, the new Popup task is working well :-)

Am I right in understanding that the Popup can only be invoked on Clients connected to the one server where the task runs? Is it or will it be possible to send a popup to all servers, i.e. A Broadcast popup?

Cheers

Andy



Currently you need to have the Client open and connected. I think, depending on how this Task is received and based on requests maybe we can improve it and create a smaller Client for receiving this.

You will always need some kind of Client as this is not supported by Windows but mayber we can make a smaller one as mentioned.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2012-11-22T08:44:50Z
New upload. Changes:

[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added the Create Excel Task
[BUGFIX] Client: Fixed an issue when Validate was deselected in Web service Task
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2012-11-27T13:38:20Z
New upload:

[NOTE] VisualCron is now using and requires .NET 4.0 (API still require 2.0)
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue when Kill Task reported an error even though it succeeded (introduced in 6.1.5 and only when having Extended debugging on)
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed an issue related to uploading large files through Sharepoint Task
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
bbusse
2012-11-30T15:04:47Z
Just thought i'd see if there was anything you could do in the next version or two that would resolve the issues described in this post:

http://www.visualcron.co...ts&m=13780#post13780 

Basically, if you have an FTP task and use a variable as your source path, if either the variable or the line in which you use your variable, end in a backslash '\' it will fail with some oddly joined strings of text.

If I just type the following as my Path it works fine:

C:\Temp\

If I use a variable set to the following, it works:

C:\Temp

If I use a variable set the following, it fails:

C:\Temp\

If I use a variable set to C:\Temp and then add a \ after the variable on the line, it fails:

MyPath = c:\Temp
Source = {USERVAR(MyPath)}\

Brian
blombardo
2012-12-05T16:54:37Z
Is there any more documentation on the output? Wondering if this could be used to pass variables to a powershell task among other things
Support
2012-12-06T07:50:50Z
Originally Posted by: blombardo 

Is there any more documentation on the output? Wondering if this could be used to pass variables to a powershell task among other things



What output are you referring to and how would you like to use it exactly?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2012-12-06T15:04:35Z
New version:

[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added the Crystal reports Task
[BUGFIX] Client: Sorting fixes in order change
[BUGFIX] Server: Fixed Variable handling in the Registry Task
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
blombardo
2012-12-06T16:02:20Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

Originally Posted by: blombardo 

Is there any more documentation on the output? Wondering if this could be used to pass variables to a powershell task among other things



What output are you referring to and how would you like to use it exactly?



The output from textboxes or radio buttons for example.

Radio buttons may indicat:
1 hours
2 hours
3 hours

based on the selection the pop up task will pass the value of those buttons over to a script.
Support
2012-12-14T15:52:01Z
Originally Posted by: blombardo 

Originally Posted by: Support 

Originally Posted by: blombardo 

Is there any more documentation on the output? Wondering if this could be used to pass variables to a powershell task among other things



What output are you referring to and how would you like to use it exactly?



The output from textboxes or radio buttons for example.

Radio buttons may indicat:
1 hours
2 hours
3 hours

based on the selection the pop up task will pass the value of those buttons over to a script.



There should be a documentation if you upgrade to the version we upload today.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2012-12-14T15:53:08Z
New version:

[FEATURE] Client/Server: Added the SQL event Trigger
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
klewis10367
2012-12-14T19:04:46Z
Tested SQl Event briefly, and worked flawlessly. Any idea when you will release this to production.
Support
2012-12-17T13:51:54Z
Originally Posted by: klewis10367 

Tested SQl Event briefly, and worked flawlessly. Any idea when you will release this to production.



Hopefully later this week!
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2012-12-17T13:52:52Z
New version uploaded. Fixes and issue in WebDAV Task (bug which was introduced in 6.1.7).
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2012-12-28T15:08:31Z
6.1.7 has now been released. Thank you for your testing!
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
osirisja
2012-12-29T11:33:03Z
Hi Henrik

Probably not the place to post this, but, on a personal note, thank you for the support over 2012 and for the huge array of features that have been introduced into the product. I for one cannot wait to see what functionality is going to be added in 2013!

I hope you, the VC team, and your families have a prosporous new year.

The same wishes are extended to all members of this forum and the VC family :-)


Cheers

Andy
Support
2012-12-31T11:31:24Z
Originally Posted by: osirisja 

Hi Henrik

Probably not the place to post this, but, on a personal note, thank you for the support over 2012 and for the huge array of features that have been introduced into the product. I for one cannot wait to see what functionality is going to be added in 2013!

I hope you, the VC team, and your families have a prosporous new year.

The same wishes are extended to all members of this forum and the VC family :-)


Cheers

Andy



Thank you Andy - we look forward to 2013 as well and wish you a happy new year!
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top