SQL Tasks Getting Truncated - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

devonway
2012-11-14T19:50:35Z
We recently upgraded one of our servers to 6.1.5 and after upgrading we noticed that some of the SQL tasks had their SQL text fields cleared and others had the stored procedure field made blank. After going through and replacing what we found was missing, verifying funcionality and moving on we found one task (so far) that has once again been erased. Has this been an issue with Cron before?
Support
2012-11-14T20:41:22Z
Maybe this is related to other errors. What has been changed is that SQL text is now encrypted. Previously it was not. I guess the decryption failed and then resulted that they were cleared. Could you try re-saving one. Then stop/start service and make sure the new one is there?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
devonway
2012-11-20T01:12:06Z
saving and restarting did not clear the SQL field but we have noticed a fair amount of "Decryprtion Failed" errors in the logging that may then be related.
Support
2012-11-20T07:56:24Z
It would be interesting if you are able to stop VIsualCron service and then start it again - if you during that period get decryption errors we would like your whole settings folder and send to support@visualcron.com. Hopefully we can come closer to an explanation then.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
devonway
2012-11-20T18:42:01Z
I tried stopping and starting the service but there was no decryption errors. I was actually mistaken before, I was thinking of a different server where we are seeing the decryption failed errors. Starting and stopping here did not seem to affect anything.
Scroll to Top