SFTP and 77777 error - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

opi-Bryan
2015-05-20T12:51:05Z
So I've never really used Visual Cron before and I inherited this process from another developer when he left the company. I'm on Visual Cron 5.7.4, and we have had a process that will download from a sftp site, this has been working like a champ for 2 years with no problems. All of a sudden i start to receive the 77777 error message and my process doesn't work anymore.

The job has 5 steps in it and the first is to download from the sftp site

When i go to the task log of the sftp task, it has a exit code of 0 and the following text:
Failed to download file: /Exports//OPI_AD_CHANGES_201505191806.csv to C:\UserManager\Downloads\Temp\OPI_AD_CHANGES_201505191806.csv, err: File not found

I can go into the VC ftp explorer and do all the actions (download the file to the location and delete the file from the ftp server)

Any suggestions on how else to trouble shoot this issue??

Thank
Bryan
thomas
2015-05-20T15:05:52Z
Hard to say with the info provided unfortunately. Is the double slash (//) supposed to be there?


thomas
opi-Bryan
2015-05-21T21:25:14Z
Thomas,

Thank you for the reply. When i set up my Download Task and i use the folder selector, then copy to the clipboard, and then in the Source Folder i paste it will be "/Exports/" but when i click ok to save the trailing slash is removed.
My FTP command looks like this (attached):
ftpcommand.jpg

I'm not sure why it shows up in the Task Standard Error window like that.
What is odd is the file actually downloads but isn't deleted from the ftp site. This process has been working fine for over 3 years with no issues. Could this possibly be something that has changed on the FTP site. I'm currently in the process of contacting the vendor in charge of the site.

Is there anyway for me to see the log of ftp commands that are being submitted when the task runs?

Thank you again for your time and help / suggestions on what could be happening.
Bryan
Support
2015-05-22T07:47:25Z
Originally Posted by: opi-Bryan 

Thomas,

Thank you for the reply. When i set up my Download Task and i use the folder selector, then copy to the clipboard, and then in the Source Folder i paste it will be "/Exports/" but when i click ok to save the trailing slash is removed.
My FTP command looks like this (attached):
ftpcommand.jpg

I'm not sure why it shows up in the Task Standard Error window like that.
What is odd is the file actually downloads but isn't deleted from the ftp site. This process has been working fine for over 3 years with no issues. Could this possibly be something that has changed on the FTP site. I'm currently in the process of contacting the vendor in charge of the site.

Is there anyway for me to see the log of ftp commands that are being submitted when the task runs?

Thank you again for your time and help / suggestions on what could be happening.
Bryan



Please first just verify the download path by using the FTP explorer. Is it really /Export or is that some kind of shortcut/link in your FTP server?

Have you tried to download to and from other folder?

Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
opi-Bryan
2015-05-29T00:32:50Z
Thomas,

Again i want to thank you for you time and help. I did end up figuring out a fix for this. After talking with the host provider for the FTP site, it turns out they did some maintenance, and after that we couldn't download and delete the files correctly.


The fix appears to be to upgrade to the latest version of visual cron. After i downloaded and installed and imported the project over everything is working fine.

So ultimately i'm not sure what the root cause was, but the fix was to upgrade in our situation.

thanks again for your time and suggestions.
Bryan
Scroll to Top