Problem with upgrade from 7.1.7 to 8.20 - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

ISCorp
2016-10-03T14:46:31Z
Just posting this solution for a problem I had upgrading version 7.1.7 to version 8.2 on a 2012 R2 server. I ran through the installation which uninstalls the previous version and when the new version was online and I attempted to start the client software (on the same server) it would error that it could not connect. I noticed that I was unable to browser to logs from the system tray control for the server and subsequently found that the permissions on the log_interactivelogonCP20161001.txt file were corrupted. I could not view or change the security on this tile. I renamed the file to log_interactivelogonCP20161001.txt.OLD and restarted the VisualCron service, and I was then able to successfully connect the client to the server and all previously created tasks came online and worked. Hope someone else benefits from this information.
Support
2016-10-04T17:17:05Z
We have not heard about this before and we are not sure how this log file was related. Thanks for the information - we will see if we can get something out of this!
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top