Web Client - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

thomas
2017-11-22T10:11:22Z
Hi

I am trying out the Web client for the first time here, but cannot connect. The version is 8.2.9 in our test environment.

We get the message that Windows Authentication is not enabled.
vc1.PNG

In the IIS Application pool it seems authentication is enabled. It works for our other sites.
vc2.PNG

I tried to connect with and without AD. No success. What am I missing here?

Thomas
Support
2017-11-22T10:30:14Z
Originally Posted by: thomas 

Hi

I am trying out the Web client for the first time here, but cannot connect. The version is 8.2.9 in our test environment.

We get the message that Windows Authentication is not enabled.
vc1.PNG

In the IIS Application pool it seems authentication is enabled. It works for our other sites.
vc2.PNG

I tried to connect with and without AD. No success. What am I missing here?

Thomas



If we test one thing at a time. First without AD. The Client connection settings must contain username/password when not using AD. It seems like you have set it to AD auth which causes the error.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
thomas
2017-11-22T10:39:18Z
Hi

I tried to log in with the admin user (no AD), and that worked. The trouble is that no jobs show up, and when I log onto the server again, all my jobs are gone. It says 0 jobs, and I have cleared all filters. I have to check the logs to see what is going on, or reinstall or something.
Support
2017-11-22T10:40:48Z
Originally Posted by: thomas 

Hi

I tried to log in with the admin user (no AD), and that worked. The trouble is that no jobs show up, and when I log onto the server again, all my jobs are gone. It says 0 jobs, and I have cleared all filters. I have to check the logs to see what is going on, or reinstall or something.



Are you talking about Web client, Windows Client or both?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
thomas
2017-11-22T10:52:26Z
Both. It has happened once before when testing 8.2.7 I think. Now we are testing 8.2.9. We have 8.2.5 in prod and no problems there.
This is how it looks like now. I tried to reinstall, but same result.


Capture.PNG


Edit: I doubt this is related to the web client. This is a different issue
Support
2017-11-22T11:00:22Z
Originally Posted by: thomas 

Both. It has happened once before when testing 8.2.7 I think. Now we are testing 8.2.9. We have 8.2.5 in prod and no problems there.
This is how it looks like now. I tried to reinstall, but same result.


Capture.PNG


Edit: I doubt this is related to the web client. This is a different issue



Can you import the last backup again?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
thomas
2017-11-22T11:04:31Z
That works. I tested with two jobs. I have to check more after lunch.

Capture.PNG
thomas
2017-11-22T13:09:44Z
Have to give this a pass for now. I tried 8.3.0 an installed the web client. In that version it said Windows Auth is enabled. However when we try to log in, the wheel spins forever (both AD and admin account). In the IIS logfiles I only see a bunch of SignalR connection requests, and in the console there is a bit of debug info, like 'I am a zombie' type of useful info. This also happens when I try to log in on remote desktop. Anyways, we can't have our jobs disappearing every now and then, so we have to roll back to 8.2.5. Will try again in a future version. You may close this.

Support
2017-11-23T14:20:55Z
Originally Posted by: thomas 

Have to give this a pass for now. I tried 8.3.0 an installed the web client. In that version it said Windows Auth is enabled. However when we try to log in, the wheel spins forever (both AD and admin account). In the IIS logfiles I only see a bunch of SignalR connection requests, and in the console there is a bit of debug info, like 'I am a zombie' type of useful info. This also happens when I try to log in on remote desktop. Anyways, we can't have our jobs disappearing every now and then, so we have to roll back to 8.2.5. Will try again in a future version. You may close this.



There was a problem in the web client in the previous build. It has been fixed now. For disappering Jobs we would be happy to debug this closer by looking at log files. You can contact us via support@visualcron.com
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top