Version upgrade 8.5.5 - Issue Excel create file - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

laurent M.
2019-09-13T11:30:56Z
Hi,

I've just upgraded visualCron pro version from 8.5.4 to 8.5.5.
Today i figured out there is an anormal CPU consumtion since version 8.5.5.
chrome_QJHr8tgeZO.png

Having a close look at CPU on my server and VisualCron jobs a finnaly find Excel creation jobs cause this CPU charge.
Gp6h0lWv5p.png

Upgraded version on 12th september at 16:45, task duration from 00:00:46 to 00:32:29
Support
2019-09-13T13:47:11Z
Originally Posted by: laurent M. 

Hi,

I've just upgraded visualCron pro version from 8.5.4 to 8.5.5.
Today i figured out there is an anormal CPU consumtion since version 8.5.5.
chrome_QJHr8tgeZO.png

Having a close look at CPU on my server and VisualCron jobs a finnaly find Excel creation jobs cause this CPU charge.
Gp6h0lWv5p.png

Upgraded version on 12th september at 16:45, task duration from 00:00:46 to 00:32:29



This is a very interesting find - Could you please send us the job/task and the source file you use for this? To support@visualcron.com
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
KOTON BT
2019-09-25T06:01:24Z
I have the same issue, the cpu is high and the task never ends.
We didn't have this problem before 8.5.5 version.
laurent M.
2019-09-30T08:55:04Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

Originally Posted by: laurent M. 

Hi,

I've just upgraded visualCron pro version from 8.5.4 to 8.5.5.
Today i figured out there is an anormal CPU consumtion since version 8.5.5.
chrome_QJHr8tgeZO.png

Having a close look at CPU on my server and VisualCron jobs a finnaly find Excel creation jobs cause this CPU charge.
Gp6h0lWv5p.png

Upgraded version on 12th september at 16:45, task duration from 00:00:46 to 00:32:29



This is a very interesting find - Could you please send us the job/task and the source file you use for this? To support@visualcron.com



Sure, but how can i export my task to you ?
In summary a create and Excel file form an SQL query with 450 rows using {TASK(PrevTask|StdOut)} and configured Columns in Excel create Task.

I rolled back to previous version of VisuaCron and got files creation back to normal times (like 7 to 30 seconds depending on rows number)
Support
2019-09-30T09:49:07Z
Originally Posted by: laurent M. 

Originally Posted by: Support 

Originally Posted by: laurent M. 

Hi,

I've just upgraded visualCron pro version from 8.5.4 to 8.5.5.
Today i figured out there is an anormal CPU consumtion since version 8.5.5.
chrome_QJHr8tgeZO.png

Having a close look at CPU on my server and VisualCron jobs a finnaly find Excel creation jobs cause this CPU charge.
Gp6h0lWv5p.png

Upgraded version on 12th september at 16:45, task duration from 00:00:46 to 00:32:29



This is a very interesting find - Could you please send us the job/task and the source file you use for this? To support@visualcron.com



Sure, but how can i export my task to you ?
In summary a create and Excel file form an SQL query with 450 rows using {TASK(PrevTask|StdOut)} and configured Columns in Excel create Task.

I rolled back to previous version of VisuaCron and got files creation back to normal times (like 7 to 30 seconds depending on rows number)



Could you write those querys to file instead, and then send that file to support@visualcron.com so we can test it using the file as source?


Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Gary_W
2019-10-02T16:53:43Z
Was there a resolution for this? I have no issues on our windows test server running 2012 R2 and Excel 2016. Took 7 seconds to create a file on a network drive with 161k rows.

Just wondering if this was resolved in the production release of 8.5.5.

Thanks
Support
2019-10-03T12:34:32Z
Originally Posted by: Gary_W 

Was there a resolution for this? I have no issues on our windows test server running 2012 R2 and Excel 2016. Took 7 seconds to create a file on a network drive with 161k rows.

Just wondering if this was resolved in the production release of 8.5.5.

Thanks



We're currently investigating it. Have you tried 8.5.5 and experienced the same issue? We understand there are users having problems with this, we can not reproduce it ourselves on 8.5.5 though, so we're trying to find the root cause of it.
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2019-10-03T15:17:21Z
Originally Posted by: laurent M. 

Hi,

I've just upgraded visualCron pro version from 8.5.4 to 8.5.5.
Today i figured out there is an anormal CPU consumtion since version 8.5.5.
chrome_QJHr8tgeZO.png

Having a close look at CPU on my server and VisualCron jobs a finnaly find Excel creation jobs cause this CPU charge.
Gp6h0lWv5p.png

Upgraded version on 12th september at 16:45, task duration from 00:00:46 to 00:32:29



This issue is now fixed in our 9.0.0 beta version
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
laurent M.
2019-10-09T07:45:44Z
Thank You for this reply.

I'll wait for final release and hope all will be fine.
Anyway thank you very much for that great quality support.
Support
2019-10-09T07:56:29Z
Originally Posted by: laurent M. 

Thank You for this reply.

I'll wait for final release and hope all will be fine.
Anyway thank you very much for that great quality support.




Thank you for your kind words!


Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top