Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Poll Question : What do you mostly use VisualCron for?

Total: 90

Support
2008-02-23T17:52:05Z

Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Sponsor
Forum information
ErikC
2008-02-26T08:32:36Z
We have a lot of FTP jobs running, so this was my vote. We do have a lot of other tasks, but the main reason we use this program (at 1st) was for FTP auth ssl. Now I (and the company I work for) can't live without it anymore.... :d/
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
adrian.groenendyk
2008-02-27T18:01:17Z
It is the one tool that lets me execute my scripts that access the network.
mrpixar
2008-03-01T20:18:58Z
I use it mostly for our nightly builds and data backups ... I LOVE this application 🙂
hawkings
2009-07-09T15:46:52Z
We are using it both for our data exchange with other companies, i.e. FTP and SFTP (my vote), but also for parsing this data using scripts, file copies, etc.

I really like the file features in the new 5.x versions, and despite the problems we have experienced with the FTP protocol after the upgrade (still not working in 5.1.18 🙂, we still love the structure of the visual interface, and the modularity of tasks and jobs. :)

Best regards,
René

:D
bkuo
2009-10-10T01:07:13Z
vinitron
2010-02-25T01:36:24Z
Thought I would answer...

We use it to run administrative operations for several eCommerce websites.

Tasks include:
- Generating and FTP'ing product feeds to various marketing outlets
- Using the triggers to execute webservices that generate warehouse reports
- Downloading product feeds from suppliers (sources include: http, ftp, and email attachments) and submitting them to proper processes
- Email various reports, etc based on conditions

I must say - very useful!
rprastein
2010-10-19T03:05:59Z

We mostly use it for running perl scripts, and for e-mail notification of script failure. It's very cool being able to look at stderr and stdout for any failed script from one central location within seconds of the script's failing.

Once we get an authentication bug sorted out, we will also be using it to send a daily http query to a low-traffic web server that needs a periodic "nudge" to keep its essentials in memory. At some point in the future, we may also start using some of the filesystem management capabilities.

We love the UI, and the greatly improved stability and reliability over the Windows Task Scheduler (which I attribute at least in part to the ability to specify that a job does not start if there is already a copy of it running).

Rebeccah
matrixIII
2011-03-02T22:37:16Z
Scheduling capabilities and scheduling interface.
Running scripts/executables
FTP/FTPS/SFTP
levi
2011-03-02T23:40:53Z
Our company cannot live without this tool! it does almost everything except make me breakfast when I get to work in the morning.. haha

kyletraynor
2012-01-28T00:34:34Z
PGP encryption & SFTP and the big ones but executables, emails, zipping & SQL functions as well
mferree
2012-05-07T15:21:16Z
Executing SAS programs, system health checks, zipping, and emailing
dcote
2013-01-30T20:01:16Z
Use it to:
- run executables
- ftp get/put
- email
- print to mail (over 60 jobs for multiple agencies)
- electronic filing
- email task notifications
- watching folders
- keep sane

All while I'm asleep in the wee hours of the morning! 🙂... zzzz

Thanks for a great product.
mwoffenden
2013-02-10T14:33:28Z
  • daily backups
  • monitoring the event log for specific events
  • cleaning up temp files
  • running executables