Community forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PFS Bryan  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:02:36 PM(UTC)
PFS Bryan

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm not sure which thread to post this under, so please let me know or move this if it's in the wrong place. We are currently on version 8.5.5 and are setting up permissions for our users to prevent them from disabling jobs. If a user as "read" access and nothing else to triggers, they are still able to disable the triggers using the context menu. If they use the "Triggers" tab in the UI, they are properly disabled and will get a message saying they cannot do this. However, if they right-click on a job and use the context menu: Triggers -> {trigger type (Daily, etc.) } -> Deactivate / Activate the system allows them to alter the trigger state.
thanks 1 user thanked PFS Bryan for this useful post.
Support on 10/18/2019(UTC)
Offline Support  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 11:37:07 AM(UTC)
Support

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PFS Bryan Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure which thread to post this under, so please let me know or move this if it's in the wrong place. We are currently on version 8.5.5 and are setting up permissions for our users to prevent them from disabling jobs. If a user as "read" access and nothing else to triggers, they are still able to disable the triggers using the context menu. If they use the "Triggers" tab in the UI, they are properly disabled and will get a message saying they cannot do this. However, if they right-click on a job and use the context menu: Triggers -> {trigger type (Daily, etc.) } -> Deactivate / Activate the system allows them to alter the trigger state.

Thank you for reporting this, I'll investigate and see if I can reproduce this. If it is a bug, we'll send it to our developers and notify you ASAP once it's fixed.
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com

Please like VisualCron on facebook!
Offline PFS Bryan  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 12:05:04 AM(UTC)
PFS Bryan

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Were you able to reproduce?
Offline Support  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2019 10:23:00 AM(UTC)
Support

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PFS Bryan Go to Quoted Post
Were you able to reproduce?

Hi!

Yes and no, this matter became a little complicated as we're debating on removing this permission completely, as it should be included in the "Edit job" permission already, since editing a trigger is editing the job. We haven't fully decided yet on how it will be
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com

Please like VisualCron on facebook!