Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

dsjere
2012-04-12T15:13:15Z
Hello.

If I create a time exception collection for Swedish holidays and create a job using a time trigger with interval "Specific days of the month" and "3rd workday".

It seems to consider the holiday, 1st of may, as a workday. Wich I don't want it to do.

Is that so, or is there another solution?

I posted a suggestion regarding this but maybe there is another way of doing this that I am unaware of.

Regards.

/Jesse
Sponsor
Forum information
trevinom
2012-04-12T23:18:20Z
I had a similar problem. I created a simple txt file and put all the holidays in it. I then set up a condition where it checked to see if the day was in it before firing off the first and subsequent tasks.
incidently...
my conditions were:
5:30 pm
only workdays (mon-thur)
not holidays
not until a variable was set on an oracle database.

So it runs every day..but only goes through all the tasks when the conditions are met.
Support
2012-04-13T08:57:35Z
Time exceptions are not evaluated until the actual runtime. So, if you use the Time exception you will see that next run is May 1st but when May 1st happens the Time exception will block running it on that day.

The reason for this is that Time exceptions could span a very long time and is on second level. This would delay calculation of Next run a lot. So, it is only evaluated before a Job is running.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
dsjere
2012-04-13T13:00:40Z
I see what you mean, but the question is more about how Visualcron interprets the exception of may 1st.
In this case I would like it to consider it as a bank holiday and therefor consider the third workday as the 4:th of may.

This is just an example, I have quite a few scheduled jobs that I dont want to run on bank holidays.

So what I am basicly after is to be able to mark bank holidays as not beeing work days.

Best regards.

/Jesse
Support
2012-04-13T13:12:51Z
When you are creating a Trigger it (the Trigger) is not connected to any Time exception. Time exceptions are global and not related to Triggers in any way. A working day is Monday - Friday.

Time exceptions are, just exceptions, to an already existing Trigger. Those exceptions are applied at run time rather than design time.

With this design the concept work days is unknown to Time exceptions. Time exceptions are much more than days.

In your case you create a Time exception set with time exceptions for bank holidays. I do not thing it matters to you if it is a work day or not. If you schedule a Trigger on a work day and you have, at the same time, a bank holiday in your time exception, the Job will not run that day.
Henrik
Support
dsjere
2012-04-13T14:33:43Z
I think we misunderstand each other a little bit. I think we should forget about the time exceptions for a while. I understand now that it is not the solution to this problem.

What I want to do is to schedule a job for the third workday every month over the next couple of years.
Bank holidays is creating a problem for me.
For example the 1st of may is not a workday but Visualcron consider it to be, when it happens mon-fri.

This year, since the 1st of may is on a monday, the 3rd workday of may is actually the 4th of may in the calendar.
Visualcron, on the other hand consider the 3rd of may to be the 3rd workday of the month. That is my problem.

This is just one example of many of my scheduled jobs that is dependent of "work days".

I can possibly solve this another way but I think it would be a useful feature to be able to set bank holidays as not beeing workdays.

Support
2012-04-16T09:12:44Z
I understand what you mean. As there is no solution right now for this we move this topic to Feature requests. I will change the topic name accordingly as well.
Henrik
Support
Scroll to Top