WebClient Input Prompt - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

ldcron
2015-06-05T17:13:40Z
Hi!
I just got the webclient setup and working using 7.6.6. Probably not the correct way using AD, but it works nonetheless. On that note, the main job I am requesting specific departments to run requires a user input prompt for a specific alpha-numeric string. This job works perfect using the actual VC client, but I cannot get the webclient to acknowledge a prompt. Is there a specific setting that needs to be active for this to work through a web browser so I don't have to install the VC client on each machine?
I have tried on a couple different browsers as well.

Thanks!
Support
2015-06-06T15:01:20Z
You are talking about the Popup Task right? We have not implemented it in the web client yet but we plan to do that soon!
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
ldcron
2015-06-09T14:10:47Z
Yes, when I run this job, it immediately has a popup requesting user input before the job will process. I will wait for the feature to be added.

Thanks!
ldcron
2015-07-28T12:54:09Z
Originally Posted by: Support 

You are talking about the Popup Task right? We have not implemented it in the web client yet but we plan to do that soon!



Henrik,
I know this is in the works, but I thought I'd check in with you to see how the feature is going. Is it still in the process of being added or is it in BETA yet?
Thanks!
al355
2015-07-28T22:48:07Z
We would also really like this feature
s.yordanov
2017-01-18T09:25:35Z
This topic is a little older, but is concerning us. We are with VC 8.2.3 and we want to implement the web client for the users, but we have issues with the
Interactivity->Popup task.
This is how a popup task looks like when executed with a normal VC client:
Untitled1.png

The same task via the web client:
Untitled2.png

When OK button is pressed in the normal client, the task is completed successfully:
Untitled3.png

But when OK button is pressed via the web client, the task stays in a running state and never finishes, unless cancelled manually:
Untitled4.png

Is the Popup task already implemented in the web client or still in development?

Best regards,
Support
2017-01-23T09:46:49Z
Thanks for the feedback - we are working on the Web Client now and we will look at this.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
s.yordanov
2017-02-22T12:44:41Z
We are testing the current VC version - 8.2.4 and almost all the issues with the popup task in the web client are resolved, but one remains.
The web client is not translating the VisualCron variables. E.g. at this screen-shot the web interface should display the output of another task, but is showing the variable itself instead:
Snap 2017-02-22 at 14.18.54.jpg

We hope this issue will also be resolved.
s.yordanov
2017-04-06T05:57:47Z
Unfortunately the issue with parsing the visualcron variables by the web client's popup task is not resolved in the newest version - 8.2.5:
img

Support
2017-04-06T07:08:22Z
Originally Posted by: phantomlord 

Unfortunately the issue with parsing the visualcron variables by the web client's popup task is not resolved in the newest version - 8.2.5:
img



Thanks, we have this on our todo list.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top