Community forum

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline vistisen  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 10:21:15 AM(UTC)
vistisen

Am I the only one or do other people have problems with the result image icon not always updating? Mine often shows the hourglass even though the jobs have finished. Restarting the client causes them to be updated.
Offline Support  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:00:54 AM(UTC)
Support

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: vistisen Go to Quoted Post
Am I the only one or do other people have problems with the result image icon not always updating? Mine often shows the hourglass even though the jobs have finished. Restarting the client causes them to be updated.

Which version are you running now?
Do you have any errors in the server log after this happened?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com

Please like VisualCron on facebook!
Offline Rahn  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:25:14 PM(UTC)
Rahn

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We've had this intermittantly for the last several versions. (Since 5.8, I believe.)
Since it's not consistant, we haven't been able to provide a good reproducible scenario.

We have 2 remote servers connected to our local machines. All currently running 6.0.7.
I've tried turning compression on to see if that gets things across faster, but didn't seem to make a difference.
Offline Support  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:24:18 PM(UTC)
Support

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 205 post(s)
We are really interested in finding a way to reproduce this. Please let us know.

We have some questions (besides our previous):

1. is this happening for short or long running jobs?
2. are you able to run the job again or is it blocked (because it is already running) or is it only the image that is wrong
3. when this has happened, has the client been opened (through the night) or minimized while it was updated the last time?
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com

Please like VisualCron on facebook!
Offline vistisen  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2012 9:58:13 AM(UTC)
vistisen

Originally Posted by: Support Go to Quoted Post
We are really interested in finding a way to reproduce this. Please let us know.

We have some questions (besides our previous):

1. is this happening for short or long running jobs?
2. are you able to run the job again or is it blocked (because it is already running) or is it only the image that is wrong
3. when this has happened, has the client been opened (through the night) or minimized while it was updated the last time?

I Think I know at least one situation it occurs. I have a job that gets a file from an FTP server, if there is no file the next file copy task reacts to the no files copied error by looping back to an earlier wait task and then tries the ftp download again. If the first iteration of the loop results in an error at the file copy, then the result error icon remains at the job level even though the last iteration of the tasks was a success. I hope the attached screenshot helps. I'm sorry that the tasknames are partly in DanisH!

Edited by user Thursday, March 22, 2012 10:00:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

vistisen attached the following image(s):
VC1.gif