Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

hepworthd
2014-01-31T01:30:47Z
Coming from Version 6.1.8 and previous, I had FTP jobs setup to loop through successfully sent files to rename them individually. I would use something alone the line as source file '{PATH(GetFileName|{LOOP(CurrentValueX)})}', now this has changed to be include file mask, and each time it runs the initial time, this entry magically gets hardcoded with the last rename, so going forward this flow does not work.

Should this happen? From past experience my set value of '{PATH(GetFileName|{LOOP(CurrentValueX)})}' should stay, and not autoupdate.

thanks.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2014-01-31T08:00:13Z
Please re-download and re-install. There was a bug here in the first release and we did an update of the download.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
hepworthd
2014-01-31T13:31:03Z
Would the previous issue I have also be a part of this new download?
Support
2014-01-31T13:32:36Z
Yes!
Henrik
Support
hepworthd
2014-01-31T14:02:59Z
Different issue, but still something different. I have notifications setup to email me when failures occur. I had the content of the email as below:

VisualCron Job Log

Jobid: {JOB(Active|Id)}
Job Name: {JOB(Active|Name)}

Taskid: {TASK(Active,Id)}
Task type: {TASK(Active,Type)}
Name: {TASK(Active,Name)}
Order: {TASK(Active,Order)}
Exit code: {TASK(Active,ExitCode)}
Exit code description: {TASK(Active,ExitCodeDesc)}
Number of executes: {TASK(Active,NoExecutes)}
Last execution time: {TASK(Active,ExecutionTime)}
Last executed: {TASK(Active,LastRun,M/d/yyyy h:mm tt)}
Last exited: {TASK(Active,LastExited,M/d/yyyy h:mm tt)}
Output: {TASK(Active,StdOut)}
Output (stderr): {TASK(Active,StdErr)}
Results: {TASK(Active,Result)}

This used to give me the active task failure information, but now is giving the active notification information in the body of the email. Should this now be happening? Do I now have to modify my notifications to supply the active failed Task information

thanks.
Support
2014-01-31T14:05:23Z
Originally Posted by: hepworthd 

Different issue, but still something different. I have notifications setup to email me when failures occur. I had the content of the email as below:

VisualCron Job Log

Jobid: {JOB(Active|Id)}
Job Name: {JOB(Active|Name)}

Taskid: {TASK(Active,Id)}
Task type: {TASK(Active,Type)}
Name: {TASK(Active,Name)}
Order: {TASK(Active,Order)}
Exit code: {TASK(Active,ExitCode)}
Exit code description: {TASK(Active,ExitCodeDesc)}
Number of executes: {TASK(Active,NoExecutes)}
Last execution time: {TASK(Active,ExecutionTime)}
Last executed: {TASK(Active,LastRun,M/d/yyyy h:mm tt)}
Last exited: {TASK(Active,LastExited,M/d/yyyy h:mm tt)}
Output: {TASK(Active,StdOut)}
Output (stderr): {TASK(Active,StdErr)}
Results: {TASK(Active,Result)}

This used to give me the active task failure information, but now is giving the active notification information in the body of the email. Should this now be happening? Do I now have to modify my notifications to supply the active failed Task information

thanks.

Yes, as version 7 introduces "Task" Notifications they are also inherited from Tasks which means that "Active" refers to the Task Notification. Try using PrevTask instead.

Henrik
Support
hepworthd
2014-02-01T17:27:11Z
I have found another issue, with the delete folder task. After the initial run the source folder entry clears itself. It has done it on two environments twice now to me. I have installed the latest version as of Friday.

thanks.
Support
2014-02-03T07:44:37Z
Did you re-download and re-install?
Henrik
Support
hepworthd
2014-02-03T12:32:56Z
I did, I pulled the most recent version as of last Friday and installed. I will try again when I get into the office this morning and let you know.

thanks.
Support
2014-02-03T12:45:30Z

I did, I pulled the most recent version as of last Friday and installed. I will try again when I get into the office this morning and let you know.

thanks.

To confirm. Are you talking about the File->Delete folder or FTP->Delete folder?
Henrik
Support
hepworthd
2014-02-03T15:13:50Z
I put the delete directory values back in, did an export of the jobs, reinstalled using the latest version, and the delete directory values were missing. I did notice it was only the ones with variable information within the directory structure (eg. 'E:\GSP_Migration_Data\UWONT00\{DATENOWADD(Days|-36|yyyyMMdd)}').

I have replaced all values and will see tomorrow after my jobs run to ensure the values have stayed.

thanks.
Support
2014-02-03T15:23:28Z

I put the delete directory values back in, did an export of the jobs, reinstalled using the latest version, and the delete directory values were missing. I did notice it was only the ones with variable information within the directory structure (eg. 'E:\GSP_Migration_Data\UWONT00\{DATENOWADD(Days|-36|yyyyMMdd)}').

I have replaced all values and will see tomorrow after my jobs run to ensure the values have stayed.

thanks.

Please confirm. You use older version and have a FTP->Delete folder Task with this value:

E:\GSP_Migration_Data\UWONT00\{DATENOWADD(Days|-36|yyyyMMdd)}

Then you upgrade and that field is blank??
Henrik
Support
hepworthd
2014-02-04T14:54:29Z
That is correct. After I put the value back in after the upgrade, everything is working fine. But for whatever reason during the upgrade, the value went blank.

thanks.
Scroll to Top