In an organization and a system, there are various types of work processes that serve a different kind of requests. Following are the standard work processes:
Foreground Processing: The processing wherein the execution of a program preempts the use of the processing system.
Background Processing: Background processing does processing program that does not require user's interaction. It is a non-interactive process that runs in the background of the interactive process, without interfering with the foreground processing. With VisualCron Job Scheduler tools, you can expect efficient automation, that will boost your business’s productivity, with their customer-driven development approach at an affordable price.
Depending upon the priority, background jobs are classified into three categories:
Termed as Class C, this task holds the lowest priority and is processed in ascending order, after the task of high and medium priority.
The hold medium priority and are periodic jobs that are processed after Class A tasks.
Tasks that are time critical are termed as Class A priority, and they put on one side one or more background processes. They ensure the functioning of R/3. The user, per their requirement, have to decide how many background processes they need to hold back for class A priority.
Following are the advantages of running background jobs in SAP:
* In SAP, users are required to do several tasks repeatedly, and many times the same job has to be done by multiple users at different times. This means that every new user needs to be adequately trained to utilize the scheduler tool and execute the task. With background processing tasks can be automated, jobs can be copied, and this ultimately saves a lot of time of the user.
* With background jobs, periodic specific activities can be scheduled on an hourly, daily, weekly, monthly or a yearly basis. This allows the SAP tasks to be accomplished automatically and provides the user the freedom of not having to remember when each activity needs to be performed in the SAP.
* You don't have to wait for one command to complete to run other commands.
* With background processing, extensive detailing can be left out, simplifying the process for the user and avoiding unnecessary. It also facilitates quicker dissemination, and since processing steps need not be accomplished manually, the individual workload is significantly reduced.
* Since background processing allocates memory differently, the SAP makes use of background processing for background work processes to allow for secure processing of large volumes of data. It aids multitasking, and the user can set up a 100 background jobs and continue to work using the dialog work processes.
* Specific program in SAP system takes a long time for execution, exceeding the threshold time. In such cases, SAP system will generate a runtime error stating that the program took too long and the output won't be generated. Background processing does not have a time limit with respect to the execution time; hence the non-interactive processes that are taking the excess time can be executed in the background.
Background job processing is essential to ensure the smooth operation of the SAP system. If you are looking for implementing SAP Job Scheduler or any job scheduler tool in your business, you can trust upon VisualCron to provide you with the best automation, integration and task scheduling solutions. It offers easy to use interface, are adept at performing more than 100 custom task and provide control based error handling: all this at a reasonable price without compromising on the quality.