Seems there are some weird Unicode characters all over the place there. Maybe your xml files have been corrupted (settings files => job.xml and so on). Hopefully you take backups of these files to another server. I would try to import the backups and see if it fixes the problems. Alternatively, open the backup file and actual file in notepadd ++ and look for differences. Apart from that I have to defer to support I think :)
Good thought thanks.
I eyeballed jobs.xml and it looked OK. I ran an XML checker and there's a bunch of syntax errors but nothing which looks like corruption. I compared it with a backup from a week ago, and there's a lot
of changes due to the timestamps etc. in there, but again no corruption from a quick look.
The actual jobs seem OK, the problem seems related to VisualCron talking to Windows.
A different example is a task with the Copy File command: last week copying a file to *.bak kept the original filename and changed the extension. This week it's producing return code 7777.
Have used the contact page for support now as well, hope they respond soon.