Disable Job Completed Notifications -Not working - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

Shakib Hikmat
2022-03-22T19:18:49Z
In the system tray I right clicked VC --> settings --> Notifications --> unchecked "Job completed (failed).
And yet I still get notifications for "Job Completed (failed)" popping up.
I tried closing and restarting the VC client after the settings change but the issue remains. I'm using VisualCron version 9.9.6.
Any suggestions?
Michael Fjellström
2022-03-23T13:40:05Z
Originally Posted by: Shakib Hikmat 

In the system tray I right clicked VC --> settings --> Notifications --> unchecked "Job completed (failed).
And yet I still get notifications for "Job Completed (failed)" popping up.
I tried closing and restarting the VC client after the settings change but the issue remains. I'm using VisualCron version 9.9.6.
Any suggestions?



Also disable "job started by user" in the tray client, and in the regular client settings:
image.png
Shakib Hikmat
2022-03-23T13:56:59Z
Hi Michael,
I also disabled "job started by user" but those pop-ups still come up. Am I supposed to also modify the XML files in the settings folder?
Michael Fjellström
2022-03-25T13:27:19Z
Originally Posted by: Shakib Hikmat 

Hi Michael,
I also disabled "job started by user" but those pop-ups still come up. Am I supposed to also modify the XML files in the settings folder?



Disable everything in both tray client and the regular client settings and see if you get any popups - just to break down this issue a bit.
tknower
2022-08-05T19:08:26Z
I"m having the same problem using VC 9.9.8. Interesting, when I deselect the notifications in the VC client tray on my laptop running just the VC client, the pop-ups keep occurring. When I deselect the notifications in the VC client tray on the Server running VC Server, the pop-ups stop! Why does it work on the VC client that's running on the VC Server an not work on the VC client loaded on my laptop?

Todd
Michael Fjellström
2022-08-09T08:18:31Z
Originally Posted by: tknower 

I"m having the same problem using VC 9.9.8. Interesting, when I deselect the notifications in the VC client tray on my laptop running just the VC client, the pop-ups keep occurring. When I deselect the notifications in the VC client tray on the Server running VC Server, the pop-ups stop! Why does it work on the VC client that's running on the VC Server an not work on the VC client loaded on my laptop?

Todd



Todd,

Did you disable them in the Client settings as well? File -> Client settings -> Notifications (not only the tray)
Scroll to Top