Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Jake Culbertson
Yesterday I started converting my sharepoint connections to use the Azure AD authentication type. It connects and works well for downloading files, but uploading files results in various errors depending if the file existed (overwriting) or did not exist at the time of upload.

For example if the file does not exist in the upload location on the sharepoint site, I get the following error:
The URL 'Shared Documents/General/Documents/Sharepoint_via_EA_testing.txt' is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.

If the file exist and I am trying to overwrite, I get the following error:
Exception in Task: Item cannot be modified because the site is on hold or retention policy.

For the "on hold" error, I, of course, checked policies and ediscovery - I found that we had an old "all sites" policy that was then disabled. However, no edisc searches were done on the site.

I gave my azure app sha

Forum information
Jake Culbertson
Originally Posted by: Jake Culbertson 

I gave my azure app sha

I gave my azure app sharepoint>sites.fullcontrol.all (application) to test, but it didnt do anything to alleviate the situation.

I have not been able to come up with any other possible solution. If anyone has had this problem before, please let me know how you rectified the issue.


Scroll to Top