Problems with VisualCron and Windows 2012 R2 - VisualCron - Forum

Community forum

t2c_running
2016-10-03T07:15:57Z
Good morning,

We are going to migrate our actual infrastructure of Windows 2008, VisualCron 7.0.7 and QlikView Desktop 11.20 SR15 to Windows 2012 R2, VisualCron 8.2.0 and the same version of QlikView Desktop. We use VisualCron in order to reload QlikView documents instead of using QlikView Publisher because VisualCron has more functions than QlikView Publisher.

In the current infrastructure W2008, everything runs correctly without incidents. But, after performing a lot of tests in the W2012 infrastructure, all tasks launch qv.exe (QlikView Desktop process) and crash process. We configure the VisualCron task with administrator account and roles.

Captura de pantalla 2016-10-03 a las 9.07.34.png
Captura de pantalla 2016-10-03 a las 9.06.53.png
Captura de pantalla 2016-10-03 a las 9.06.37.png

The command line is: "C:\PROGRAM FILES\QLIKVIEW\QV.EXE" /r "E:\TEST.qvw". In event viewer appears the next:


Information 03/10/2016 9:06:42 Windows Error Reporting 1001 None
Information 03/10/2016 9:06:28 Interactive Services detection 1000 None
Error 03/10/2016 9:06:28 Application Error 1000 (100)
Information 03/10/2016 9:03:15 Desktop Window Manager 9009 None


If we open a CMD and launch the reload command, the process finishes correctly.
Another test that we performed was, configure a simple Task Scheduler of Windows server and also the process finishes correctly.
Captura de pantalla 2016-10-03 a las 9.11.58.png

Please, find attached some screenshots with evidences.
Thank you for your support.
buzzlightyear
2016-10-03T08:15:28Z
Maybe qv.exe needs to have the working directory the same as it's location, otherwise it might not be able to load assemblies, I've had that in the past with other things we execute as commands. It's worth a try.
t2c_running
2016-10-03T08:31:11Z
Hello buzzlightyear

We changed the Working Directory to "C:\Program Files\QlikView\" with the same error. We used Working Directory to specify the source files for the QlikView documents.

All help will be welcome.

Regards
t2c_running
2016-10-03T10:01:40Z
Hello

The problem is solved. We forgot configure "Execution context" of the first tab of the "Execute" task.

Thank you.
Support
2016-10-04T17:19:21Z
Thanks for the feedback!
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top