Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.


When installing VC on my team's new server, I was having trouble with all of my Oracle connections since they had been using OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 as the provider. I believe it was Henrik from VC Support who suggested that I switch to the VC native Oracle connection, so I set up all of my existing connections using the native support. I then switched over most of my jobs to use those new connections, but I have a couple of scripts that refuse to run under the native connection, and I have no idea why. There's nothing wrong with the script itself - it ran perfectly using OraOLEDB.Oracle.1, and it runs perfectly when I run it manually in Oracle SQL Developer.

My problem now is that I was trying to install Oracle Express on this machine, and somehow it messed up the registration of OraOLEDB.Oracle.1, so now those connections don't work anymore. The error I get when I try using the native connection really isn't very descriptive:

Error in sql query: ORA03113

Exception in Task: ORA03113. ORA03113

Does anyone have any idea why the native connection doesn't work in this case? I'd post my script, but it's 360 lines long and I wouldn't expect anyone here to look through something like that in detail. Besides, as I said above, it's not the script that's the problem. At least, not the executable statements - I had thought that maybe the native driver doesn't like some of the comments, so I removed a bunch, but still no luck.

Forum information
It seems like a generic error so hard to trace the reason. Maybe it is a timeout? Does the script run long time normally?

I would try to cut out or simply the script to see which line is causing the issue.
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
The script usually takes about 1 minute to run, but it's giving the error much sooner than that, after only a few seconds. I'll try your suggestion, but I'm not sure how much I can cut out because most things within the script are dependent on each other.
Ok, now I feel like a complete idiot. :)

You were right about the timeout, but it wasn't an Oracle-related timeout. I had this set to 9 seconds:


I'm not sure how I managed to set that, because I certainly didn't do it on purpose. My guess is that I accidentally hit something as I was tabbing through the fields. Once I set it to 0, the script ran perfectly.

Glad it was resolved!
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top