Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

awais
  •  awais
  • Free support Topic Starter
2019-08-26T22:03:54Z
Hi,
I am trying to get a list of Tasks in C# web application. FIPS settings are enabled on our server. My code used to be working before but now I have started receiving the following error:
Message: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms. Source: mscorlib InnerException: StackTrace: at System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManaged..ctor() at INCKJIOHNKIIDKMHIAGHOEONCPKMCLIDFINO.BBAPAJIOGOOCHNKGGOHGODGPCKJENOHCLGHP.OJIALLHIGOKBHBKBNHKEJIEEPFIABHGCEAMH(Int32 ) at VisualCronAPI.Connection..ctor() at TopMenu_MyAccount_Admin_Services.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Following is the C# code that I am trying to run but I get above error:
Client c = new Client();
Connection conn = new Connection();
conn.UserName = "admin";
conn.PassWord = "";
conn.Port = 16444;
conn.ConnectionType = Connection.ConnectionT.Remote;
s = c.Connect(conn, true);

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsor
Forum information
awais
  •  awais
2019-08-26T22:05:34Z
I did some RnD on Google and found people suggesting to disable FIPS on server but I cant disable FIPS on server. Any other solution would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Support
2019-08-27T09:03:49Z
Most likely it is because we use TripleDES encryption at the moment. We will update to AES256 in probably the next version. Meanwhile you can disable that error in the registry.

Turn off FIPS Cryptography via Local Policies
To turn off FIPS Cryptography using the Local Policies, follow these steps:

Press the key combination WINDOWS_KEY+R to launch the Run dialog.

Type secpol.msc into the dialog and click OK.

In the Local Security Policy Management Console window that opens, use the left tab to navigate to the Local Policies>Security Options.

Scroll down the right pane and double-click System Cryptograph: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing.

In the Properties window, select the Disabled option and click the Apply button.

Close the Properties window by clicking OK.

Close the Local Security Policy Management Console.

Turn off FIPS Cryptography via the Registry
To turn off FIPS Cryptography using the Registry, follow these steps:

NOTE: Before making any changes to the Registry, you should back it up so you can restore the settings should something go wrong.

Press the key combination WINDOWS_KEY+R to launch the Run dialog.

Type regedit into the dialog and click OK.

If running Windows Server 2008

Navigate to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\FIPSAlgorithmPolicy\Enabled.

Change the value of this registry entry to 0 to disable it.

If running Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP:

Navigate to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\FIPSAlgorithmPolicy.

Change the value of the registry entry to 0 to disable it.

FIPS Cryptography should now be disabled and DigiScope should start without issue.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
awais
  •  awais
2019-08-28T08:04:20Z
Yes, but we can not disable FIPS on our production server.
Support
2019-08-28T08:37:15Z
Originally Posted by: awais 

Yes, but we can not disable FIPS on our production server.

There is a fix related to your issue in version 8.3.5. However as your maintenane&support has expired on your license, you can not upgrade. I recommend that you either renew the maintenance&support on your expired license or download and use another trial to see if it works on a newer version.
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top