Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

serverteam
2019-10-09T06:01:12Z
Hello,

I have created a reboot task in visual cron version 8.5.5 to reboot a server 3 times a day. This was for test purposes on that machine

now the tests are done, I have disabled the task in visual cron, but system keeps rebooting each day
Is there something installed from visual cron that still triggers this task?

I have checked the local task scheduler on this system and I don't see anything.
In the eventviewer i still have the message when it reboots that it is triggered from the service account of visual cron.

The process C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe (ISOAPP......) has initiated the restart of computer ISOAPP..... on behalf of user [SERVICE_ACCOUNT] for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
Reason Code: 0x80070015
Shutdown Type: restart
Comment:

ps: removed servername and service account for security reasons

Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2019-10-09T08:02:02Z
Originally Posted by: serverteam 

Hello,

I have created a reboot task in visual cron version 8.5.5 to reboot a server 3 times a day. This was for test purposes on that machine

now the tests are done, I have disabled the task in visual cron, but system keeps rebooting each day
Is there something installed from visual cron that still triggers this task?

I have checked the local task scheduler on this system and I don't see anything.
In the eventviewer i still have the message when it reboots that it is triggered from the service account of visual cron.

The process C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe (ISOAPP......) has initiated the restart of computer ISOAPP..... on behalf of user [SERVICE_ACCOUNT] for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
Reason Code: 0x80070015
Shutdown Type: restart
Comment:

ps: removed servername and service account for security reasons

Did you disable the job or task? Does it make a difference if you disable the job instead?

I tried and I can not seem to reproduce this. If you can, please export the job and send it to support@visualcron.com or screenshots of all the settings for the trigger you use to start this task.

Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2019-10-09T16:07:39Z
Please check the Job log. If the Job has not been running then it is something else that runs any reboot code.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top