Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

ErikC
  •  ErikC
  • Paid support Topic Starter
2008-06-11T14:31:56Z
I want to run a SSIS package on a SQL 2005 server (different machine than the Visualcron machine) so I want to use the SSIS task for this.

After configuring and running this task, I got the error:
Error in task execution: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {E44847F1-FD8C-4251-B5DA-B04BB22E236E} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Does this mean I have to install SSIS on the machine VisualCron is running on? I have SSIS installed on the SQL server, though.

Now I use psexec to run the SSIS package remote on the SQL server and that works... I just wanted to use the SSIS task...

Small issue: The Clear button next to the connection string input field doesn't do anything. This is for the SQL task.:-$
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2008-06-11T14:33:29Z
SSIS protocol does not support remote Execution. The best way for remote execution is to create an SQL Job at the server (that executes the SSIS package). Then use the SQL Task->SQL Job to execute it remotely.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
ErikC
  •  ErikC
  • Paid support Topic Starter
2008-06-11T15:01:52Z
I didn't do this yet, so I'll try to make this work as you said.
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Scroll to Top