Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Neal
  •  Neal
  • No customer Topic Starter
2010-03-31T11:56:14Z
We have a large number of Job/Tasks that run at various times (event triggers) and for various customers etc.
These customers want reports from us to show on a regular basis (often monthly with our SLA meetings) how their jobs ran etc.

I was thinking that an ability to automatically output every task result along with such things as time ran, output, status, error output etc to a data store - file but preferably a DB table would be incredibly handy.

At the moment what Ihave to do is create a SQL Script that, using the variables for each tasks, inserts it into a SQL db I created. However, this is VERY time consuming as I have to paste every tasks output variable into the script!

This fucntionality does seem to be there as the Print Job Report has this information - I would just like that data in a DB so that I can store and report on the history of jobs.

Thanks
Sponsor
Forum information
cstump
2010-04-22T16:01:27Z
We would be very interested in this feature as well. Here is a common use case for us:

We have many of our custom applications send their logging information (security logging, status info, not debug) to central enterprise database servers. This info is backed up and archived for audit/compliance purposes. Even more importantly, we have developed various SSRS reports that end users and auditors can run to check the status of various applications (nightly batch jobs, real-time interactive apps, etc.) The reports are delivered on our web-based intranet in a secure manner. This is a very powerful and very easy way to put "dashboards" and other information into the end user's hands.

Regards,

Chuck
Support
2011-08-22T08:13:38Z
We are doing this right now. But for security reasons you need the API to extract this data. However, it only requires a few lines of code.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!