Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

matrixIII
2011-03-29T17:44:58Z
When you are viewing [Task] -> [Output] there is a [Get Full Output] button. In the [Show Log] -> [Historic Task] (5.7.2) that button does not exist. Could you please add that in the next version?

Thanks
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2011-03-29T18:52:20Z
matrixIII wrote:

When you are viewing [Task] -> [Output] there is a [Get Full Output] button. In the [Show Log] -> [Historic Task] (5.7.2) that button does not exist. Could you please add that in the next version?

Thanks

We need to limit it some way. Otherwise both storage and transport between client and server will be to large/slow. Right now it is limited to 2000 characters.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
matrixIII
2011-03-29T19:42:16Z
I understand. Most of our job output is more than 2000 chars. Is there a way to only get 2000 at first (the way it does it right now) and ONLY get the rest/full from the server when the [Get Full Output] button is actually clicked?

Or does it only store 2000 chars on the server? I understand what you are saying in terms of storage on the server but can that be a configurable option based on server settings/capacity? If there is an error on the script (beyond 2000 chars) and someone looks at the past history to find that error and it's not showing anything beyond 2000 chars, it defeats the whole purpose of the log history...

Thanks

Support wrote:

We need to limit it some way. Otherwise both storage and transport between client and server will be to large/slow. Right now it is limited to 2000 characters.

Support
2011-03-29T20:19:02Z
matrixIII wrote:

I understand. Most of our job output is more than 2000 chars. Is there a way to only get 2000 at first (the way it does it right now) and ONLY get the rest/full from the server when the [Get Full Output] button is actually clicked?

Or does it only store 2000 chars on the server? I understand what you are saying in terms of storage on the server but can that be a configurable option based on server settings/capacity? If there is an error on the script (beyond 2000 chars) and someone looks at the past history to find that error and it's not showing anything beyond 2000 chars, it defeats the whole purpose of the log history...

Thanks

Support wrote:

We will look at making this configurable.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
ErikC
2011-03-30T09:19:03Z
I moved this topic to the feature requests.

Regards,
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Scroll to Top