Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Jon Tofte-Hansen
2017-11-15T12:03:39Z
The ability to group jobs is very nice because a specific job can be copied to different groups. If you use the VisualCron variables cleverly the group name alone controls the context of a job run. In that way when you get a new customer who needs a specific job type, a simple copy is all that is needed - no changes to the job specifics, not even the name.

This method however leaves the problem that you end up with a lot of jobs with the same name. Why is this a problem? Because several job lists and drop downs don't show the group name.

I have two examples:

1: Object finder: if I search on a key word that exists in one of the jobs in the above example, I get a list of identical jobs. I have to open the task/job, go to variables and find the group name there. This is acceptable but cumbersome.

2: A bigger problem is the "Job/Task control" task: if I want to implement such a trigger on a job I get a long list of identical job names without the possibility to locate the group. I have to rename the job, find it in the "Job/Task control" and then rename again.

So the feature request: It would be very convenient to be able always to see a group when showing job names because jobs names can be identical.
Sponsor
Forum information
Scroll to Top