Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

tam_helpdesk
2018-09-14T17:46:17Z
Hey Viscron Team!

I'd love to see the ability to call notifications from the conditions tab. Right now, I have a job which evaluates a set of conditions to make a decision as to whether or not the task should be aborted. Currently, it evaluates those conditions, then if the conditions aren't met it executes another job which serves ONLY to contain the flow notification. There are no tasks, there are no triggers, hell the job itself is deactivated! All it does is sit and wait to be fired by a conditional, so the notification can be fired in the flow tab.

Instead, I'd rather just put the notification into the conditional. Perhaps a drop-down menu further to the right of the job/task selection UI, one which can be activated by a check-box which says 'send notification' and gives you a choice of notification to be sent upon activation of the condition. Considering, of course, your choices are proceed, or fire another task in another job when your conditional is evaluated at the job level. (choosing a task in the same job seems to cause an infinite loop).

If not, maybe the option to 'skip remaining/all' and head straight to Flow evaluation based on the previous state of the tasks? Either one would be nice.
Sponsor
Forum information
Scroll to Top