Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

tam_helpdesk
2018-09-24T15:18:33Z
Hey guys,

I'm trying to set the global flag in my Regex search so I can return multiple PC names from an XML file in one of my automated tasks. This is so I don't have to actually read the file, I can just put the relevant contents of the file into my E-mail.

Can you guys think of a better way to pull the fields, or a way to enable the global flag? I tried encapsulating my expression in / /g but that didn't work, and I don't think the matchgetgroup works for me either, it still will only ever return one result. I need multiple. Thoughts?
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2018-09-25T09:27:04Z
You have the XML Read Node Task where you can use XPath query instead to return a list. I think that is more straightforward.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Gary_W
2018-10-12T14:13:22Z
Could you add some more detail about your process? How are you doing the regex search? Are you calling another program and reading regex results into VC for e-mailing? If so, what program as all regex engines are not created equal. Please show an example input file, and what you expect the output to be.
tam_helpdesk
2018-10-12T14:20:18Z
Yes. There is another program generating XML output, which I parse for results to construct a status report E-Mail. I was using the visualcron regex function, but I'm unsure which engine is used.

Turns out regex was overthinking it. XML read node is a far better solution.