Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

GeoffAlbin
2019-07-15T12:58:49Z
I ran the upgrade process on Server and client to 8.5.3
the Web Client is now broken. (FWIW, this is almost the same exact thing that happened when going from 8.5.0 to 8.5.1)

anyway, i need to the Web Client to work. Please advise. Error below

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
System.Web.Http.WebHost.SuppressFormsAuthRedirectModule.Register() +0

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Start on type System.Web.Http.WebHost.PreApplicationStartCode threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..]
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethodsCore(ICollection`1 methods, Func`1 setHostingEnvironmentCultures) +850
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +162
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath, Boolean& isRefAssemblyLoaded) +128
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart() +170
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +820

[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method Start on type System.Web.Http.WebHost.PreApplicationStartCode threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +523
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +107
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +688

Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2019-07-15T13:40:12Z
It could be some problem with replacing existing files. Try the following:

1. uninstall
2. delete the web client folder
3. install again
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
GeoffAlbin
2019-07-15T13:43:09Z
I was able to get it working again with the following;

https://www.visualcron.c....aspx?g=posts&t=9477 

I will attempt your solution next.
Support
2019-07-15T13:46:09Z
Originally Posted by: GeoffAlbin 

I was able to get it working again with the following;

https://www.visualcron.c....aspx?g=posts&t=9477 

I will attempt your solution next.

Yes, that works, but then you get the 8.5.2 version of the Web Client instead of 8.5.3.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top