Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

joshd
  •  joshd
  • Free support Topic Starter
2019-10-09T20:31:33Z
Hello,

One day recently we started to have jobs fail with error code 193 with no solid explanation. I think its related to the "run task as"
but not really sure. The user accounts are in a network domain and added as local admin on the server visual chron and also the app is running.
But if "local login" and "Load user profile" are checked, the "Test" button says "Impersonization failed". If these are unchecked, impersonization succeeds and "Logged on" = true but the task fails with error code 193. We are not aware of any changes on the server that caused this issue. We upgraded Visual Chron but that also did not help. As a work-around we have moved several jobs back to Windows Scheduler and they are working there. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Also, as a note we are using .Net core executables with integrated security in the appsettings. In other word, the account that is used to run the task is the account that should be used to access the databases listed in the appsettings.

Thanks,
Josh
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2019-10-10T08:38:21Z
Originally Posted by: joshd 

Hello,

One day recently we started to have jobs fail with error code 193 with no solid explanation. I think its related to the "run task as"
but not really sure. The user accounts are in a network domain and added as local admin on the server visual chron and also the app is running.
But if "local login" and "Load user profile" are checked, the "Test" button says "Impersonization failed". If these are unchecked, impersonization succeeds and "Logged on" = true but the task fails with error code 193. We are not aware of any changes on the server that caused this issue. We upgraded Visual Chron but that also did not help. As a work-around we have moved several jobs back to Windows Scheduler and they are working there. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Also, as a note we are using .Net core executables with integrated security in the appsettings. In other word, the account that is used to run the task is the account that should be used to access the databases listed in the appsettings.

Thanks,
Josh

Hi, we'll need to know which sort of jobs that fails and screenshots of the error output, also if you can enable "extra task debugging" in the task main window settings so we can see in the logfiles for extended debugging.

Can we move this to email? Mail us at support@visualcron.com please, and include the specifics I mentioned

Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top