Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

Jon Tofte-Hansen
2019-11-05T08:48:40Z
When using a date function (in Variables) an output mask exists. Eg. {DATEFORMAT(yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm)}. This is great as the dateformat of the OS users involved can vary.

But when using date input there is no mask option. Eg. {DATE(DaysBetween|2019-11-05|2019-12-05)}.

To enforce independance of random OS user date format settings I propose input mask options in date functions. The example above could be overloaded so this was a possibility: {DATE(DaysBetween|2019-11-05|2019-12-05|yyyy-MM-dd|yyyy-MM-dd)} or only one mask for both inputs.

This would also render cumbersome substringing of arbitrary date input formats (eg. input filenames) superfluous.

Thank you.
Sponsor
Forum information
thomas
2019-11-05T10:11:35Z
I second this feature request. In general, code should work regardless of the users OS settings. So if I post a snippet of code on the forum, someone should be able to just run that code. Now they potentially have to change the dateformat in the code to make it work.
Scroll to Top