Community forum

Please note that VisualCron support is not actively monitoring this community forum. Please use our contact page for contacting the VisualCron support directly.

ErikC
  •  ErikC
  • Paid support Topic Starter
2019-11-19T07:28:15Z
Hi,

I have the folowing setup for 3 jobs:

1. Authentication job
This job gets an authentication key and updates a job variable 'authentication key' in job 3 (set job variable task)

2. Master job
This job runs job 3 mulitple times and updates their job variable 'download path' to retieve files from (job/task control task)

3. Slave job, download job
This job retrieves files from his job variable 'download path' using his job variable 'authentication key'
This job starts by running job 1 to get the authentication key (job/task control task)

The whole meganism works fine in the flow, the 'download path' is updated every time, but the 'authentication key' isn't.
When Job 1 is running the output is that the job variable is updated to a new value, but when I check the value of the job variable in job 3 after calling job 1, it is not changed.

Why thinks job 3 that it has an old value as job 1 is updating it?

[update]
When I put in all the tasks from job 1 in job 3, the job variable is updated, but as this (retrieving an authentication key) happens multiple times in job 3, i seperated this as a single job so my job 3 is nice and tidy.
[/update]

Regards,
Erik
Uses Visualcron since 2006.
Sponsor
Forum information
Support
2019-11-20T16:59:37Z
I think this issue needs to be simplified to something we can run from here. Preferable max of two Jobs and one Task in each. Please do that and send it to support@visualcron.com.
Henrik
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 
Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Support
2019-11-21T09:43:42Z
Originally Posted by: ErikC 

Hi,

I have the folowing setup for 3 jobs:

1. Authentication job
This job gets an authentication key and updates a job variable 'authentication key' in job 3 (set job variable task)

2. Master job
This job runs job 3 mulitple times and updates their job variable 'download path' to retieve files from (job/task control task)

3. Slave job, download job
This job retrieves files from his job variable 'download path' using his job variable 'authentication key'
This job starts by running job 1 to get the authentication key (job/task control task)

The whole meganism works fine in the flow, the 'download path' is updated every time, but the 'authentication key' isn't.
When Job 1 is running the output is that the job variable is updated to a new value, but when I check the value of the job variable in job 3 after calling job 1, it is not changed.

Why thinks job 3 that it has an old value as job 1 is updating it?

[update]
When I put in all the tasks from job 1 in job 3, the job variable is updated, but as this (retrieving an authentication key) happens multiple times in job 3, i seperated this as a single job so my job 3 is nice and tidy.
[/update]

Regards,
Erik

After testing, we can confirm that this bug has been fixed in version 9.0.0
Michael
Support
http://www.visualcron.com 

Please like  VisualCron on facebook!
Scroll to Top